Most AWESOME sandwich ever!

Options
2 slices of desired bread
2 oz Turkey
1 slice havarti cheese
1/4 avocado

Grill sandwich using pam, all for only 290 calories.... and it's absolutely scrumptious!

Replies

• KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sounds good. Thanks!:tongue:
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering! :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OK......be honest.

What do you do with the other 3/4 of the avocado, .lol.........

Hey, only kidding .
    Avacados are my downfall, esp when they are made into guacamole and add some chips to that and..........

Sounds delictable, and you know what, Im going to give it a try but I have some chicken breast meat, so that is what I will use , and I will make sure just to use 1/4 of avacado. Rooting for you as well......Lloyd
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    OK......be honest.

What do you do with the other 3/4 of the avocado, .lol.........

I know, they are so yummy but so fatty (yea good fats blah blah but I'd rather enjoy a bowl of all-bran instead for the same cals, more filling). I rarely buy them 'cause I'll have to eat a sandwich 4 days in a row in order to finish it (1/4 = 2 WW points) and day 2-4 its brown despite leaving the skin on and keeping it in an airtight container. Oh well!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    heath, lol, Im in the same boat. They even have the large HAAS avacados, 2 for 2 dollars.....talk about tempting, nothing like saving 50 cents, right, lol

nope, as hard as it is ,I keep pushing my shopping cart right past the avocado bin in the produce department. They are great in certain fats, but for the time being, I just cant afford to slip up

maybe next year, when Im on maintenance, I can treat my self, but in all kidding aside, Ill just have to wait for now......
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    ... day 2-4 its brown despite leaving the skin on and keeping it in an airtight container. Oh well!
    Sprinkle some lemon juice on it to help it retain it's color and flavor! The citric acid keeps the flavor fresh and prevents the chemicals which turn fruit flesh like avocados and apples brown.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    wish they would sell avacado spread, sort of guacamole in single size servings for sandwiches etc, I can get the guac at costco but its the same as a whole avacado--one it is open it MUST be eaten and I cannot afford all those calories
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    the lemon juice helps but not for long, still think single serving is the way to go
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Anything is good if you add avocado! :)

Sounds yummy!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    The trick to avocados is to have someone to share them with and they won't go bad :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My best sandwich would use 1/4 of an avocado.... it's a grilled tomato&avo reuben..... same grilling method, but inside, sliced tomato & avocado, 2-3T sauerkraut (squeeze first) mixed with about 2t thousand island dressing....

I was a very happy girl when I started making them for myself: so much cheaper than "reuben, hold the meat, add tomato" from the local deli.
  • Chikorita
    Options
    wish they would sell avacado spread, sort of guacamole in single size servings for sandwiches etc
    I was just thinking this the other day. I use avocado as incentive to eat sandwiches and I don't have a problem with them going brown as my kids have them on their sandwiches too. My issue is running out or not finding ones ripe enough to eat. If they came prepacked life would be easier although I reckon it would have to be full of other unhealthy things and probably wouldn't taste as good.
    And yes, I agree, avocado makes everything taste better.
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!
  • dollymac74
    dollymac74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Speaking of avocados, last summer I was eating avocados like they were going out of style instead of other ftty foods, it cuts your cravings for other fatty stuff. I lost 16 lbs and I was eating two or three avos a day.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I never thought of grilling sandwiches with pam. What a great idea that will save me some butter calories! oh yeah!
  • RebeccaKate29
    RebeccaKate29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump :)