Okay I'm going to do it.

Options
Starting this week I am going to make myself eat at least half of my exercise calories. I want to see what happens when I weigh in on Sunday..I am really scared, but following MFP advice hasn't hurt me before so I'm going to do it! I am guilty of exercising too much and not eating enough..so this is going to be really scary, but I have to do it! I hope the worst thing that happens is that I just maintain, but I would really love for it to help with my weight loss. Wish me luck! I'll tell y'all how I did when I weigh in on Sunday.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Starting this week I am going to make myself eat at least half of my exercise calories. I want to see what happens when I weigh in on Sunday..I am really scared, but following MFP advice hasn't hurt me before so I'm going to do it! I am guilty of exercising too much and not eating enough..so this is going to be really scary, but I have to do it! I hope the worst thing that happens is that I just maintain, but I would really love for it to help with my weight loss. Wish me luck! I'll tell y'all how I did when I weigh in on Sunday.

:flowerforyou:
  • Fifty
    Fifty Posts: 17
    Options
    good luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY! Keep reporting back to us!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    yes.. i really do want to know what you came up with... because like you im a skeptic .. about working out so to get more calories..i havent touched my work out calories.. ever.. but if i get to a certain point and i dont lose..then i too. may consider eating more... SOOO PLEASEEE KIT.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat less than the amount necessary to maintain your present weight, you will lose weight.

That is simply pure science.

So don't freak out about eating your exercise calories because it works.

And, if you're not losing weight now by not eating them, then that is the first place you need to start looking to make a change.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    good luck is right. But remember, 1 week isn't a long enough sample. It takes months for the body to adjust to a new eating pattern. You must give yourself at least 3 or 4 weeks to see realistic changes, anything shorter and other factors could be involved.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    As long as you eat less than the amount necessary to maintain your present weight, you will lose weight.

That is simply pure science.

So don't freak out about eating your exercise calories because it works.

And, if you're not losing weight now by not eating them, then that is the first place you need to start looking to make a change.

Eating less calories to lose as in the net calories right? :indifferent:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you take net to mean what MFP has it as, which is your total daily calories minus your exercise calories. That is net calories--and as long as that is below what it takes to maintain your present weight, sooner or later your body will lose weight.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Yes, if you take net to mean what MFP has it as, which is your total daily calories minus your exercise calories. That is net calories--and as long as that is below what it takes to maintain your present weight, sooner or later your body will lose weight.

Thanks for clarifying! :smile:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just remember your body might need some time to adjust. I'd give yourself a longer trail period than just a week. Maybe a month or so.