Sickly Eating

Options
I am a teenager. I play sports, I dance and I am pretty much fit. But I am 5'3" and weigh about 137lbs. People say I don't look like I was that much but I think I do. I have problem areas like my under arms and especially my thighs. My belly lately has been trouble to. I would like to lose quite a lot of weight. In the past I was always the skinniest people in my class but now I'm on the other end almost. I recently developed gastritis, over active stomach acid. This started from a pill addiction powered by my extreme stress. I have to be careful what I eat. I am also a vegetarian so my menu is limited. I LOVE carbs. I could eat them all day. Between stress and other stuff I have problems losing weight. I eat school lunch and food isn't always much of a selection when you are running around with games and other stuff. Sometimes fast food is the only option. I've gotten to where I am ok with my body. But I would defently like to improve it. I am in a great need of tips especially on stress control and how to not stress eat.

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    Hmm.. Carbs will add weight hardcore for some people, me if i eat 3 slices of pizza thats about 7 lbs. Not all fast food is bad, but watch what you order. I have some extra on my thighs too, one thing i've found that works well is leg lifts... do 2-3 sets of 15 on each leg. It's worked for me in the past.. You may want to see a dr about your stomach, they may be able to offer healthy ideas and/or even a pill to help with gastritis and weight. If you still have issues have them test your thyroid, vit d and vit b12. Hope this helped, Good Luck.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    With as limiting as all that is I would highly suggest speaking to your family doctor before embarking on any exercise and diet regiment.
  • PrincessDingy
    Options
    My doctor was the one who diagonsed me with gastritis. But they have not done any further tests. I have a problem excersing right now. I have a messed up spinal cord and I messed up the nerves in my spine and neck last year weight lifting so I'm still on some restriction from that and I have 2 strained quadtricepts, (thigh muscles), but I am in colorguard not like ROTC but with the marching band with flags. I run around alot and get some excerise its just this last bit of chub i cnt get rid of. I used to be super skinny but in the past 2 years im not.
  • scentsykristen
    Options
    Perhaps try allowing yourself to eat the carbs as long as they are whole grain, low fat, low sugar, and low salt. This gives you the starchy feeling you crave but takes out all the carbs that tend to cause weight gain. You can have baked, boiled, or steamed potatoes with a small bit of salt and perhaps a spray of the "sprayable" fat free ranch dressing. You can have yummy corn on the cob (this does scream for butter, but try measuring out the butter, 1 tsp. melting it and drizzling it on), whole wheat pitas, whole wheat tortillas (bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes to make your own chips), lentil chili, healthy homemade chili, etc.

The list goes on and on... it's the donut carbs, the chips, the cookies, the white bread, ritz, etc. that cause weight gain. Limit those and you should see at least some improvement.