Mission to lose 30# by next June 2014!

Options
Although, would love to lose it earlier or at least drop a fast 10-20 before the end of this year. I started with WW last week. I'm not so sure I was to be a points counter for the rest of my life. Seems a lot easier to just pick the foods I want and count the calories. My problem is the wine calories. I really need to watch that caloric intake as it truly chews up much of the 1200/day very quickly. I am 50, 5'8" and weighing a buck 80 right now. UGH! I am not going to deviate from the 1200-1300 calories a day and I'm sticking to routine walking and weight lifting until I reach my goal. I would love to connect with some people here on myfitnesspal.com who have a similar situation. We can cheer each other on!!! I am also going to be the mother-of-the-bride next June so FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. Got to lose the weight so I'm not depressed trying to find a dress!!!!

Good luck to all of you trying to lose weight!! I look forward to connecting with you in the future!!

Replies

• nhkat
    nhkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you on a lot of that. I'm going to be 46 next week and weigh the same. Unfortunately, I am only 5' 4" :( I had lost 30 lbs on WW a while ago and was using a personal trainer. I had surgery in May of 2012 and became lazy and all of my hard work went down the drain. Now I am back to it and determined. This time I am going to use MFP and trying Beachbody's T25 exercise plan. One of my problems is that i love in a vacation area and a lot of my family come on vacation. Each week a new group..the food, the drinks. I've no will power.

Good luck on your journey!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 59, nearly 60. I was down to 185 for awhile in April/May, got discouraged because I couldn't get it lower and abandoned the effort, weighed in at 195 this morning.

I'm so disgusted with myself and on the verge of sewing my lips shut! (not really)
  • hotmama0207
    Options
    You have the same goal as me...lose 30 lbs. I have a shorter time span. But like you i had surgery two months ago on my knee and everything fell apart for me as well, now i'm back to it. I'm active duty military so fitness is really important for my job. I have 6 months to get in fitness test shape!
  • scmadigan
    scmadigan Posts: 1
    Options
    I was surprised to see such a similar goal when looking at the posts. I am 52, five foot nine and 188. My daughter's wedding is set for June 28, 2014 and I dread the MOB dress shopping. My son was married last April and while I lost ten pounds (I put 4 back on) I didn't come close to my goal and hated the way my arms looked in pictures. I am doing a modified "paleo" diet because carbs are my downfall. I want to lose at least 20. More would be great but I need to lose at least ten by late fall to start the dress shopping. I need to be able to get any size 16 dress zipped. I am hoping that by sharing o this forum I can stay motivated!
  • Skwhiting64
    Skwhiting64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lo
  • Skwhiting64
    Skwhiting64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another one looking to lose 30+ by next summer. Have our 50 year HS class reunion coming up. Was always skinny in my teens and early adult life. For the past three years have been on high doses of steriods for an autoimmune disease and have really packed the weight on. Have now got it under control and am on a very low dose, but still eating everything in sight. Found My Fitness Pal while looking for an app for my Droid (had used FitDay in the past) and thought maybe by being accountable to something might help. On Day 5 and so far so good.
    Also have started getting Bountiful Baskets weekly and with so many fresh fruits and veggies to eat, I've just about weaned myself off of junk food. Right now the motivation factor is high....hope it stays that way.
    Good luck to all and may we all be 30 pounds lighter a year from now!
  • eyesoneternity
    Options
    I just started mfp a couple of weeks ago so am still very motivated. I am 57 and a 30 pound weight lost is about right for my goal as well. I haven't put a time frame on that but maybe I should think about that. I laughed when you said that about wine calories. I can identify! My biggest struggle is when we travel. It is hard to stay on track when food is such a big part of a vacation (in my mind anyway)! Don't have any weddings coming up but I would like to slim down...
  • eyesoneternity
    Options
    I am curious. What are Bountiful baskets?