Going vegan without eating processed food?

Options
bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
Anyone want to give me advice?

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm currently transitioning to a vegetarian diet and doing a whole foods approach. It takes a bit to figure it out, and I'm still working on switching things out, but it's a fun challenge and I'm enjoying the process :)
  • Shrinkmeslowly
    Shrinkmeslowly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and the only real processed thing I eat is non GMO tofu, and that's not with every meal. I eat mostly fruit, vegetables, legumes, lentils, quinoa, nuts, seeds,brown rice and whole wheat bread & nut milk. I do have a protein powder that I take from time to time but other than that I mostly just eat natural foods. Don't try to hard to find replacements since vegan junk food can be just as bad for you as the non vegan option. I think people get hung up on eating the fake meats and cheeses and it just slides off the hill into all the other processed options. Take your time and figure out what foods you want to eat and don't be hard on yourself while your learning.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and the only real processed thing I eat is non GMO tofu, and that's not with every meal. I eat mostly fruit, vegetables, legumes, lentils, quinoa, nuts, seeds,brown rice and whole wheat bread & nut milk. I do have a protein powder that I take from time to time but other than that I mostly just eat natural foods. Don't try to hard to find replacements since vegan junk food can be just as bad for you as the non vegan option. I think people get hung up on eating the fake meats and cheeses and it just slides off the hill into all the other processed options. Take your time and figure out what foods you want to eat and don't be hard on yourself while your learning.

This is absolutely correct. Take a look at the ingredients lists on those faux meats...things you can't even pronounce! Not to mention that a lot of those things are vegetarian (egg/honey/casein). Stick with the whole foods and you will feel so wonderful! Send me a friend request if you'd like. My food diary is open to my friends. You can do this!
  • myfitspiration7
    Options
    Have you thought about doing Vegan protein shakes? Shakeology is a great choice, they have two vegan options, message me if you want more details!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and eat very little processed food. My diary is open. I also work to meet my protein, calcium, and iron goals with the food I eat!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am also transitioning back into being a raw vegan. My diary is open if you would like to add me.

My main advice to to just load up on kale, mustard greens and collard greens and eat them raw as much as possible along with other vegetables.
  • ashsny84
    ashsny84 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a clean eating Vegan. Raw nuts, seeds (hemp especially), grains, beans, Tempeh and Tofu are excellent souces of plant based protein! Feel free to ask me any questions. :-)