What do you pack for lunch???

Options
acollis1
acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
I'm just looking for some new ideas for what I can pack for lunch!!! The whole salad thing is getting a little old, but I don't eat bread, or cheese....... so if anyone has a low cal/ carb favorite to put in their lunchbox I would love some new ideas!!!!! Thanks :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Chicken/tuna salad, grilled chicken breast with veggies, oatmeal, low carb wraps, shrimp.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Soup? Just put it in a thermos...

Regular food? If you have access to a microwave... My mom has always made extra while making dinner to bring to work the next day.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow, you killed my ideas! I eat a smoked turkey and gouda sandwich!

You can also take baked/roasted chicken, leftovers from dinner, perhaps chicken or carne asada tacos (just corn tortillas, not fried but warmed!)?
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I make egg white omelettes in the morning, bring it, and reheat for lunch.

Turkey taco's on a bed of lettuce and fresh salsa

Turkey burgers (no bun) and asparagus
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    4.5oz grilled chicken breast, a cup of asparagus or broccoli and .5oz almonds
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I had a turkey stew today.
    1 whole turkey breast stewed with tomato, bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, parsley, onion, Asian spices. 410 cals, 38 protein, 26 carbs (mostly veggies), 19 fat, 9 fiber.
    I prefer the veggies to be little bit crispy, so I cook them for 5 minutes max.

Before that I had Greek salad with feta cheese and 3 chicken meatballs with a quail egg. I'm sure you know how to make a Greek salad. The chicken meatball is made of 50 gramms of chicken meat mixed with some onions and spices. I put a quail egg inside and just baked it. I make like 15 of them and my family loves them. One meatball is 116 cals , 16 protein, 0.9 carbs, 4 fat.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Not bread-free but I do usually bring a sandwich (lean turkey breast, whole wheat bread and I use hummus as a spread instead of mayo). I also bring cut-up veggies as a side (carrots, celery, snow peas, cuccumber, etc.) along with reduced-fat ranch dressing.

I do also make are tuna fish or egg salad made with a little light mayo.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and grape jelly/apple jelly, tuna, left overs. Today i had peanut butter and marshmallow creme,
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten intolerant. My lunches include:
    Chicken Breast, Vegetables, & Nuts
    Homemade soups & rice cakes
    Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Chicken
    Apples, Carrots, Peanut butter and Greek yogurt
    2 Cauliflower crust mini pizza, Fruit
    Rice Cake w/ Peanut butter, Apple, Greek yogurt
    Hummus, Cucumbers, Chicken Breast
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was homemade chili (frozen in individual servings), about a cup and a half of french cut green beans, two clementines, and some carrots.
  • atevault
    atevault Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since it's summer time and produce is fresh, and I LOVE tomatoes, I've been bringing a tomato (from the farmer's market - the store ones aren't as tasty so I don't enjoy my lunch if I go with those) and an avocado to work. I cut them up at lunch time and add some cottage cheese. I'm trying to cut back on carbs and go with meals higher in protein. I find this to really fill me up and be delicious. I bring it a few times a week and haven't gotten sick of it yet.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    apple, grape tomatoes, can of tuna and a protein bar. Works for me!
  • AngieZumba
    AngieZumba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch:

4 oz (weighed uncooked) of your favorite protein (chicken breast, turkey breast, extra lean ground beef, mahi mahi, cod)
    two handfulls of your favorite veggies (i do a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini)
    4 oz of sweet potatoes
    1 liter of water with meal

I do all organic, and try to do locally grown as well. good luck on your journey!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I bring chili, not sure where you stand on legumes but I make my own (but sometimes buy it from Wendy's lol) and put sour cream and shredded cheese in mine. You could easily leave out the cheese. Sometimes I just pack leftovers, I make more portions on purpose at dinnertime sometimes.
  • jennrox78
    jennrox78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i'm not doing the no carb thing.. but today i had

a piece of leftover steak & a spinach, tomato, & cucumber salad w/ 1 tbsp light thousand island dressing

ohhh.. and water
  • depresseddancer
    depresseddancer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Homemade quiche is my friend, a little high cal, but I can scoff it down in a rush if I need to, and eat crudite to get my veg fix.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today I am having:

Chicken, whole grain rice, corn and peas all mixed together.

I cooked the chicken with olive oil and a spice ( roasted garlic and peppers). So I don't need a sauce with the mixture. So good! and healthy!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
    Raw carrots.
    Celery.

Sometimes I just have a Clif bar.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I pack my day minus dinner and late snack.
    2 packets of oatmeal various flavors
    1 apple
    2 banana
    1 protein bar
    85G of salad, either romaine or mixed or spinach
    steamed chicken breast for salad
    1 boiled egg for salad
    Salad dressing (usually dorthy lynch or french) 1.5 servings

That is what I generally eat from 6 am to 3 PM. Sometimes sub out different fruits, like peach, plum, grapefruit, orange. Sometimes I switch the chicken for tuna. And finally twice a week I replace the salad with a sandwich. But it is usually one of those 90 cal packs of lunchmeat, cheese (munster, colby jack, or gouda), some lettice and MW. on Sara Lee Honey Wheat. -Roughly same calorie count as salad.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I take a ceramic bowl, olive oil cooking spray and a dozen eggs to work! I eat a lot of scrambled eggs. Pretty easy to do at work. I keep some salsa, cajun seasoning, and avocado too on hand.

I also eat a ton of sugar snap peas. You can get them in the lettuce section of your grocery store. They are awesome. A bit sweet, crunchy and very addictive. You can eat them plain like I do, dip them in ranch, or in hummus.