Never did my intro! :)

Options
lisquito
lisquito Posts: 19 Member
Hey everyone!

I got MFP for my phone back in May of this year. I actually didn't know there was a 'community' portion of this whole thing until I signed into the website for the first time a few weeks ago! (I thought you had to connect your account to Facebook to do that part). Do you know what that means?? My first few months I had NO FRIENDS on here at all!

To be honest, I wasn't really keen on connecting my MFP account to my Facebook....it may sound funny, but the last time I was losing weight I was getting uncomfortable at all the comments I was getting from friends and family. They were positive comments and trying to be encouraging, but it made me wonder why I had never "deserved" these types of positive comments from them before, for just being me! I ended up putting all the weight I lost back on in the end...I never could tell if it was because of some subconscious reaction to their commentary, or just me reverting back to old habits.

Its easier to have those types of positive encouragements coming from other people who are right there with you. Since checking out the message boards and seeing how many people were posting for friends, I have been slowly but surely adding supportive, upbeat people and other people like myself who could use a cheering squad! :D I could always use more friends though! Whether you like me as a person, want to see what I'm eating, have 5 or 50 lbs to lose, doesn't matter to me! So feel free to add me!

Replies

• sleeping_rezbear
    Options
    add me! :) I am new here too.
  • taniak3
    taniak3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I am 5 days in! :) And can relate to gaining and losing and gaining and...