the bathroom scale

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
When I started losing weight, I weighed myself every morning. After about 3 months, I weighted myself evey 3 days or so, and now, 7 months later, Im only using it on Fridays and Mondays, in the morning when I get up

I tell you this for one reason. I lost a good amount, and now Im losing inches. I had a pair of 38 inch waisted pants I could barely squeeze into about 3 months ago, more or lesss. It was like trying to fit a balloon over a watermelon.

Now, I can fit into them, but check this out. Yes, they are snug in the waist, a little tight, but I can drive a truck thru the back or em. I lost a HUGE , and I mean, HUGE amount of fat and flab from the my buttocks, all the way down the backs of my legs, to my ankles

Thank you again, Mr Treadmill, my newest friend. ........It started at 10 mins a day at 1.0, up to today, one hour at 3.5 with an incline of 3.0........ :)

Also, my hands are normal looking. Before, I looked like my hands had a fluid build up , or something like that.......now they look normal and skinny.. I couldnt get over how fat my hands were, matter of fact, I had to stop wearing my wrist watch, they were so plump and pudgey.....

When people see me now, people I havent seen in a year or so, they are so schocked, they say I look good, from their view

So, see, they dont have a scale under me and see the numbers , when they compliment me. They see all the POUNDS and INCHES that I have lost........ They dont know the actual numbers when they say that, they only see the end result..............

I have read alot of posts about the scale and how much love/hate relatioships exist on this bord because of the bathroom scale

When people say I look great, they are seeing the lost inches in my butt, the lost inches of flab off of my chest, the lost inches and lost fat in my neck, which has gone from a 18.75 to a 15.50........thats remarkable there for starters

So guys, dont focus or dwell on that scale, trust me, thats why I stopped doing it daily......Id want to throw it thru the wall on certain days when I knew I had worked out hard, ate well, only to have that scale tell me I gained................WHOA I HATE YOU MR SCALE, I HATE YOU......

You are losing inches when you adhear to your diet

"Weight Loss professionals and experts agree that people who adhear to their diets all the time, are the most successful in their weight loss journey" Good luck folks........Lloyd

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: Thank you so much for this blog. I needed this inspiration. I have been feeling down and you put it all in perspective.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Very well versed...you have shown the knowledge, dedication, and hard work to show how it's done. I bet you had to build a lot of muscle to lift that booty and calves to work that treadmill...good for you!!!:flowerforyou:

I am tired of the whiners on MFP that weight everyday hoping for a miracle or the ones that make excuses.:grumble: BUCK up!!!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That is so true! I weigh myself to ensure I'm not going up, but when I started this journey for a new life I focused on toning and strengthening, more than calorie counting - although, don't get me wrong, calorie counting is good, but I don't fret when I go over my count for the day (which is most every day :laugh: :tongue: ): I exercise 5-6 days per week at least 45-50 mins each, use light weights to tone & firm and while I haven't lost much "weight" I've lost those inches: I fit into clothes I wore when I was 10lbs thinner than I am now :happy: and according to my fiance, I look better in them now, especially since I now have a more rounder tush:blushing: that seems to be gaining quite a bit of attention :laugh:
    It has taken time though, to get this, and I'm still working at it since I haven't got to my personal "best" yet, but I am so glad that I am doing it this way, the hard way, because in the long run, this is what will last: I am reprogramming my body's presets, changing my shape and improving my overall well-being.
    There were times I almost gave up, but I didn't: I pushed myself to walk upstairs to our game/exercise room, pop in a DVD and just do it, and it's SO paying off.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Cool Lady Persia and the rest of you guys, who have really really helped in my journey.

I know it sucks in the beginning ,I was at 341, ashamed, really ashamed of the way I looked........I even felt so ashamed, that I missed a few funerals and weddings, so I wouldnt deal with the shame of having out ofo town relatives look , and yes, even a few of em, say " Wow Lloyd............what happened'?

Geeze Aunt Angela, whadda ya think?

She wont have to worry about me going to hers after the nasty comments she made about me "behind" my back..............sheese, I never see her , and when I do, holy hell..................

for me , reading all the reasons why people are losing weight is the best part of this site. When a 40 year old man says hes doing it for his kids, or that he wants to walk his daughter down the aisle in another 10 years or so...........those are the ones that have the most impact and keep me focused.

You cant be fat and healthy at the same time.........you just cant

Im 55, and at my age, you never know if you may need surgery, or some kind of medical procedure in a hospital , that would require you to go under anasthesia......and thats a really big frear for me.............

That Id croak under anasthesia........or , worse, that it would require 6 male nurses to pick me up from the operating table to be put in a hospital bed.....

I only post to give you all any hints or tips that helped in my weight loss,,,,,I know everyones different, etc, but for months and months, I have read blogs, read posts, gone to sites like this for knowledge that would help me take off the weight and keep it off.......

Good luck folks, Im rooting for you all......Llloyd
  • Vmcd
    Vmcd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really needed this today, too. I'm so learning that I shouldn't base my mood or attitude on what the scale says in the morning. If I'm doing everything right, the weight will come off. Congratulations on your journey so far!
  • lizzy755
    Options
    It was great to hear this. I've gone down to a weekly weigh-in now. I can feel a difference in my body that the scales just aren't conveying.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am in an argument with my scale every day. Literally swearing at it some days. I know better than to weigh myself every day, but I can't help it. I'm excited to see if there are any good results, but then devastated if they don't meet/exceed my expectations.

The good news is that my pants are falling off of my behind today, so I know that all those walks with my kids in the stroller must be doing something back there! Thanks for the post. I didn't even appreciate the baggy jeans today until I read your post!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this. It is so irritating to me when I read people say they weigh themselves 2-3 times a day. One woman said it wasnt a problem "How else are you going to know if your doing something right or wrong?" Ok 2-3 times a day or every time you go to the bathroom is a little strange to me.

I committed to weighing myself once a month. If I do it weekly it causes me so much stress and aggravation it's not even worth it anymore. I have comed to realize if I am eating within my calories and exercising the weight will come off eventaually and I know it won't be overnight.

I am also changing my way of thinking that this is a lifestye change for EVERY DAY not "Ok I am going to lose 50 lbs. and now I can go back to eating what I want"
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say thank you for posting this! I have almost quit doing my workouts and throw my good eating habits out the window because of the scale. I get so discouraged when I see that the scale says that i have gained weight. And you are completely right! I will stop weighing myself everyday! thank you!!!!
  • Lauris83
    Options
    you're right. The scale doesn't really matter when your clothes fit better or you have more energy. Thanks for the post.
  • Chikorita
    Options
    Thankyou for your encouraging words. I will try to weigh weekly I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!