Evening drink

Options
2»

Replies

• KathyRed07
    Options
    I loved to have my wine - or even a white russian at night....but found I had to give them up to really see a difference in my weight loss. It was the one big thing I gave up on my weight loss journey...and I DO miss it.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink but I have a couple of squares of dark chocolate on most evening. For me, this is my little treat and I look forward to it. If you look forward to your Whiskey and have enough calories spare then I say enjoy!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has a lot of calories but they get burned off pretty quickly, so it's not a big deal to have a shot or two! :drinker:

really? booze calories are different? I never heard that one. Where did you hear it?
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has a lot of calories but they get burned off pretty quickly, so it's not a big deal to have a shot or two! :drinker:

really? booze calories are different? I never heard that one. Where did you hear it?

There is always one isn't there?

Back under your bridge mate
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have been working on eliminating my red wine habit for a few reasons. One thing that helped is looking at it this way. Assuming that nothing else changes:

Two drinks a night at 125 calories per drink = 250 calories a day and 91,250 calories a year. Which at 3500 calories per pound - That's 26 pounds a year.

Only if you don't burn it off.

Not true if "nothing else changes".
    Well, it's exactly 0 pounds per year if you are within your TDEE.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I drink most nights, just don't eat as much. I find 100 calories of food and 400 of liqour add up to 1400 just as much as 1400 of food would :-)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I drink most nights, just don't eat as much. I find 100 calories of food and 400 of liqour add up to 1400 just as much as 1400 of food would :-)

sounds healthy
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I eat 2200 cals of good food at maintenance and an extra 150 cals of broccoli. That extra broccoli is a killer.
    Broccoli...the diet killer.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I drink most nights, just don't eat as much. I find 1000 calories of food and 400 of liqour add up to 1400 just as much as 1400 of food would :-)

sounds healthy

lost 65 pounds in 10 months doing it, thanks ;-)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a poison and the body will try to get it out of its system before anything else. Fat burning takes second place to it.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a couple of glasses of red wine in the evening. It may slow down weight loss but calories are calories so as long as tou burn them off the way i see it, that's not a problem. I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff and rarely have junk food. Personally I think eating Macdonalds etc regularly is probably worse for you as its full of crap. Before I get lynched I will add that if you like it and have it as the odd treat then good for you, but I worry about the people who eat s*** like that everyday. I know that probably sounds like double standards but hopefully you get my drift.

Like everything in life moderation is crucial :)
  • mkanak
    mkanak Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to drink everyday. The last 5 months I started living a healthy life and training hard everyday I stopped.

I never thought I would give up drinking, but now whenever I drink (once every two weeks maybe) it makes me feel like **** afterwards. Living healthy and feeling GREAT worths more for me now.
  • jkj454
    jkj454 Posts: 3
    Options
    I found myself drinking almost 5 nights a week but have decided with this newest weigh loss goal (had to re-motivate myself, I slipped a bit!) I will only allow myself to drink 1x per week. That seems reasonable. For me, it just got out of control and I know it is contributing to my excess weight.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Interesting post. The way I feel is...I'm an adult, and I'm not training to be a professional body builder. I do like "a bit of plonk" and if I chose to, I make sure I log it and account for those calories. I have found though, recently, and especially since I have started doing some "self remodeling", I don't really want it like I used to. But I'm human, and I'm real, so I will still drink my Southern Comfort and whisky - can't expect me to abstain the remainder of my life.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I do have a few drinks daily...usually tequila on the rocks or vodka and diet sprite....Its difficult though as 4 of those is about one third of my daily caloric intake (1200)

+++im not losing fast...maybe 1-2 pounds a month+++
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    i'm finding the daily drinking is stalling my progress. trying to make changes
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    love my drinks.