Fellow Biking Friends!

Options
I've recently gotten into biking and I just love it! A couple of years ago I participated in an organized ride and made it 20 miles. I had a mountain bike at the time and have since purchased a hybrid bike. What a difference! I went on a 35-mile ride (mostly flat) a week ago and a 25-mile ride this past weekend (very hilly).

What's the furthest distance you've gone or what's your goal?

I'd love to do a century ride, but that's down the road a bit.

Happy cycling friends!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My longest (in recent history) single day ride is a metric century (100km or approx 60 miles). I've got some friends who have been riding the Ottawa SuprFondo (220km) and am toying with the idea for next July (or maybe the GranFondo which is 170km)
    Both are challenging but very scenic rides....

http://www.granfondoottawa.org/home/page/route
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just bought my new bike about a couple weeks ago ago...a Trek FX 7.3. It's sort of a hybrid. The first night I got it home, I took it on a 7 mile ride to sort of get the feel for it. Two days later, I flipped over the handlebars after hitting an uneven spot on a sidewalk. After years of riding on mountain bike tires, I wasn't used to those skinnier ones!! Anyhow, I ended up with 4 stitches in my chin, badly bruised ribs and an unwanted vacation off of my new bike while I healed. I just got back on it yesterday and took a 15 mile ride and I just finished a12 mile ride on my lunchbreak at work today. I hope to take a few 25 mile rides real soon and maybe ride for 50 miles or more sometime in the future.