Foot Tattoo

Options
Taylor0212
Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
Hi everyone,
Just need some advice on getting a foot tattoo. I'm planning on getting a small one on the side of my foot so that it is hidden when I wear flats and also so that it wont affect my future as a physical therapist.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Taylor

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    are you asking what to get?
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    foot is a tender spot. my friend has lotus flowers on both feet. Hers are big and by the end she was twitching involuntarily from the needle sticks. and there is the shoe problem. she ended up having to get some of the color repaired cuz even wearing flip flops rubbed the skin some of the color out.

But I think over all tats on the feet are pretty if you can put up with a little pain and extra care for them while they heal.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Foot can be a tough one. Not because of pain, but because if you are ticklish it will be very hard to hold still. If this is the case, it should be a simple design.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What advice do you need? If you need advice on what to get tattooed, my advice is don't get tattooed.

Tattoos need to be thought out and the original idea should come from you. It's OK to ask others for input on making your idea cooler, but you need to have the idea. Also, people on MFP don't really know you.....

Unless you're the type to just get butterflies, ladybugs or tribal bands.

Whatever floats your boat.
  • Taylor0212
    Options
    Sorry for not clearing this up but I was asking for advice from anyone who has gotten a foot tattoo, and tips. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for over a year when my grandfather was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I am a very family oriented person, and the tattoo is going on the side outer part of my foot.

And no I am definitely not one to get an elaborate design/flowers/bugs, I'm totally the simple type.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not clearing this up but I was asking for advice from anyone who has gotten a foot tattoo, and tips. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for over a year when my grandfather was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I am a very family oriented person, and the tattoo is going on the side outer part of my foot.

And no I am definitely not one to get an elaborate design/flowers/bugs, I'm totally the simple type.

*phew*

Nice to hear the tatt is personal. Sorry about your grandpop. I know it's tough to see the seemingly invincible get sick.

Being a 50% covered person, but not on my feet, I can only offer a bit of advice. Foot tattoos on the sides and bottom fade a lot over time because of the friction from walking/running and shoes/sandals. This is partly why most people get them on the top of the foot.
  • Taylor0212
    Options
    bump
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    I have one on each foot and they hurt. Not as bad as the ones on my back though :)