20 lbs down

Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
I finally hit the 20 lbs mark this week and I have a healthy BMI. I haven't seen this weight in about 8 years. What have I learned since I started this on May 31st?

1. The people on MFP are WONDERFUL!!!! You are all the best.
2. I've learned to get back on the horse after a bad meal or a bad food day altogether. One binge does not mean I have failed the whole lifestyle change.
3. While exercise is important, what I put in my body is more important. I'd like to have all those hours back from killing myself on the treadmill only to go out and eat a 2,000 calorie meal (what was I thinking?).
4. A healthy lifestyle is the fountain of youth...I didn't feel this good in my twenties.

What do I need to do next? I have so much room for improvement.

1. Eat more vegetables...I'm trying on this
2. Do more strength training with all this intense crazy cardio :tongue:
3. Learn to eat only when hungry (but not ravenous). I still think if it's 12:00 I need to eat lunch, whether I'm hungry or not.
4. Relax and be patient...it will come with time.

Thanks for all the support!!!!

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Congrats....and keep up the awesome work. :smile:

lbourassa....... MFP = My Fitness Pal
  • Congratulations and thank you for sharing. What is MFP?
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    I am sooo with you there on both lessons learnt and future challenges..... good luck!!! x
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Great weight Loss....and some great points to remember.....i'm exactly the same with the eating because it's that time of day rather than because i'm hungry :-(.

Keep it up :-)
  • Oh my goodness, I just need one sip of coffee. MFP= myfitnesspal!
  • cpezz
    cpezz Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats...and keep up the good work!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Great! Keep it up!
  • Congrats!!! It feels good to hit a goal, I hope that when I am out my twentie's I will feel like I should have felt in my twenties lmao...but I am only 22, so I have a minute. I wish you lots more success and I feel you on the strength training, are you going for ChaLENE Extreme perhaps lol.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    wonderful....now you need an update pic
  • Amandac6772
    wonderful....now you need an update pic

I know...I do have a pic at 12 lbs lost but need to find one from the beginning. I'm going to finish this round of Turbo Fire and do one.
  • Amandac6772
    Congrats!!! It feels good to hit a goal, I hope that when I am out my twentie's I will feel like I should have felt in my twenties lmao...but I am only 22, so I have a minute. I wish you lots more success and I feel you on the strength training, are you going for ChaLENE Extreme perhaps lol.

My doctor put it to me the best. He said "You are soon going to be 40, don't you want to look 30?" Enough said...hahaha!

I am looking at it but I have 30 Day Shred that I might try first...Chalene Extreme is just so danged expensive and I just bought Turbo Fire so not feeling like I should sink that much into another program right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!