IUD=weight loss

Options
iv been on the pill for 7 years and decided to try an IUD. I got the nonhormonal paragard yesterday (it hurt like h3!!) anyways, i heard that sometimes hormones can cause you to gain weight. so if i am switching from hormonal to non hormonal BC, then will i experience weight loss?? Anyone have an experience with this at all?

Replies

• kellysam1
    kellysam1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well when i was 14 i started on the injection until i was 19 then i went to the implant until i was 26, i was about 30lbs over weight at this point.
    for just over 1 year i took a break from all birth control and lost the 30lbs without even trying. I started on the pic 3 months ago and have gained 30lbs again even with surgery and exercise 5 times a week i cannot lose any weight.

Monday i am going to try the paragard to see if it helps with my weight loss and sex drive.

so based on my experience i think i may be able to lose weight once my body is hormone free.
  • mmaurizi
    mmaurizi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I note from your profile you say you only eat 800 cals per day and exercise 5 days a week but cannot lose weight..

Your body is probably in starvation mode - eat more to get your metabolism working.