Just started my fitness journey today!

Options
Hello! I just joined myfitnesspal today. I plan to lose 45lbs! I am currently 190lbs 5 6". I have had an issue losing weight and was diagnosed with Hoshimotos disease, but I am not using the disease as an excuse to be overweight. I just started taking a thyroid replacement called Armour and hope that this will help with my energy levels to keep going to the gym. I am very excited!

Replies

• thickgirlthin
    thickgirlthin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • whiskeygirl1422
    Options
    Good Luck! : )
  • rutzybabe
    rutzybabe Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome!! I've recently had surgery for Graves disease, so I have to take thyroxine on a daily basis. The app is brilliant for guiding you and I also find a motivator to exercise - especially when I want something else to eat...ha ha :-) Good luck on your journey.
  • Booksflutterby
    Booksflutterby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have Hoshimoto's as well (diagnosed a year ago), so I can relate. If you need some encouragement or someone on your side, add me as a friend. I'm always looking for support and for people I can support in return.
  • jd0557533
    jd0557533 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Add me as a friend if you need some support. It's tough with a hormone problem ( I have PCOS), but you can do it!
  • jd0557533
    Options
    @booksflutterb- I would love any advice you would have for me! I have only been on Armour for a total of 4 days now. I have heard that you should cut soy, glutton and dairy out of your diet. Is this true with Hoshimotos?
  • brahma14
    brahma14 Posts: 37
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!!!!!
  • jd0557533
    Options
    @debaloo I will add you! Once I figure out how to use this website lol yes, it is hard with hormone issues. Luckily I have seen one of the best endocrinologists in the country for my disease. Just need a little extra push to get on track. Thank you for the support :)
  • jd0557533
    Options
    @brahma14 Thank you!!! :)
  • jd0557533
    Options
    @rutzybabe Thank you for the support! :) How do you like medication that you are on?
  • jd0557533
    Options
    @whiskeygirl14 Thank you! :)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just remember, a year from today, you'll be happy you started today! Good luck!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck to you. You can add me if you would like.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A great place to start is here - you can't go wrong. Best of luck in your journey.