C25K Logging

Options
Anybody have any good methods they use to log a C25K run? I am just starting week 3 and it is still a combination of running and walking. By no means do I micro-manage my excercise calories to eat them back but I would like to have some accurate idea of what I burned. Short of splitting out the walking segments from the running segments and then figuring out the MPH for each and then totaling the minutes for each (which is time consuming) does anybody else have any methods that they use and are willing to share?

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I just created C25K in My Exercises under Cardio and go off what my HRM says, so it differs day to day. Good luck!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just created C25K in My Exercises under Cardio and go off what my HRM says, so it differs day to day. Good luck!

^^^ This
  • rrcorleto
    rrcorleto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I had been putting off buying a HRM because I generally stay under my calorie allotment for a given day without excercise so it wasn't that important to spend the $ on one. This is a valid reason to maybe make the purchase. Sorry for changing topics mid-post, but any suggestons regarding HRMs to look at (or not to look at)?
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic and c25k at the same time....I assume runtastic gives me a few extra calories so I don't eat them all back, but I do like having the information (distance, calories, pace) logged in Runtastic. Plus I really like the runtastic website for tracking my various cardio exercise.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    HRM > any generic app calculation.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I run on a treadmill so I use what that says as far as calories. I also use runtastic but I find its calories typically run a bit higher than the treadmill. If you know your average pace though, you should be able to put in the time you ran at your average pace and get a reasonable estimate. On week 1 of C2K my average pace was 3.0 mph so I used that and put in the time I was running and the number wad close (but a little below) what the treadmill gave me.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM to log it.

My recommendation is a HRM from POLAR. I have the FT4, which was fairly cheap (found mine for $50 on Amazon) and is fairly accurate from my experiences and from other users. They have higher end models that are fancier, but I find that for my needs this is enough
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use the micoach app from ADIDAS. I'm sure it overestimates my calories burned so I don't all of them back. I have an android phone so i cant use a HRM with it but if you have an iphone/touch/nano i believe you can get bluetooth hrms that integrate with the micoach and give a better estimate of calories burned.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I used Endomondo with a HRM and let it automatically upload the data to MFP. It was a bit depressing at first because it logged the exercise and walking but that made week 5 that much sweeter (it was the first week that registered as a run).
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I run my Nike app with my C25k app to get an accurate calorie and mileage count. MFP grossly overestimates calories burned for a lot of it's preloaded work outs.
  • spicerv1
    spicerv1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper with Podrunner Intervals...Runkeeper keeps track of my distance, calores and route (GPS) while Podrunner comes with prerecorded music with properly intervals so I don't have to look at my iphone while running. I have gone from C25K, then to Gateway to 8K and finally at Freeway to10K. And the great thing about both apps/podcasts...they are FREE!!!!!
  • AlDente2504
    AlDente2504 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does C2K maintain user data on a cloud somewhere? The reason I ask is use my iPhone doing the C2K walk/run training, and would like to be able to see the progress with the C2K iPad app. Any way to sync these?
    Thank you ..