Anybody SLOW CARB DIET?

Options
Hey guys!
I was wandering if any of you have tried or are on the slow carb diet? If so does it work?
Thanks! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Exactly what is a slow carb diet?
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    nevermind, I just googled it..sounds like a carb cycle to me...

good luck with that.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I only eat the fast ones, like ice cream.
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was on it for the 6 weeks, lost like 25 lbs in Dec-Jan. It really helped change my cravings and eating habits and jump start my weight loss, but it was HARD at first.... I have lost 58 Total now.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't have the energy to chase after fast carbs all day. The slow ones are easer to catch.

In all seriousness, the diet will "work" (i.e. you'll lose weight) if you're eating at a caloric deficit. Whether you're following a specific diet plan or not comes down to personal preference. Personally, I would never give up fruit, dairy, and whatever else the Slow-Carb Diet says you can't eat, but you're free to do what you want.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Choosing carbs with higher fiber content. It slows the break down rate so it doesn't spike your insulin like when you eat simple carbs and sugars.
    Choose whole fruits over fruit juice. Whole grain breads over white breads, etc. South Beach Diet is based on that premise.
    Higher fiber carbs fill you up more, and keep you fuller longer.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am doing a low carb diet which is similar but a bit more restrictive than the slow carb diet. For example I don't take a whole day off because I would go way overboard. If I eat something bad, I do and just ensure to track. I have been limiting my net carbs to between 20-50 everyday and it seems to be working.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried 4 hour body's version of the slow carb diet last year. My husband had quick and amazing results. I think he lost 20 pounds in the first 3 weeks and he was only thinking about losing 30 or so. I, on the other hand, maybe lost 8 pounds in the few months we were on it. I am not sure which slow carb diet you are looking at but 4HB was too much animal protein for me and it would take all week for me to lose the cheat day weight gain. I am now a vegetarian so I eat a lot of "slow carbs" but not as much protein and no animal products. My husband is doing 4HB again right now and loves it. I just think it depends on your body type.
  • emma19797
    emma19797 Posts: 18
    Options

Basically cutting out sweets, wheat ... fruits, potatoes...
  • emma19797
    emma19797 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried 4 hour body's version of the slow carb diet last year. My husband had quick and amazing results. I think he lost 20 pounds in the first 3 weeks and he was only thinking about losing 30 or so. I, on the other hand, maybe lost 8 pounds in the few months we were on it. I am not sure which slow carb diet you are looking at but 4HB was too much animal protein for me and it would take all week for me to lose the cheat day weight gain. I am now a vegetarian so I eat a lot of "slow carbs" but not as much protein and no animal products. My husband is doing 4HB again right now and loves it. I just think it depends on your body type.

I didn't have much success with 4HB either. I tried not to go too crazy on the free day, unlike my husband, but in the end I felt I was getting nowhere with it.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Choosing carbs with higher fiber content. It slows the break down rate so it doesn't spike your insulin like when you eat simple carbs and sugars.
    Choose whole fruits over fruit juice. Whole grain breads over white breads, etc. South Beach Diet is based on that premise.
    Higher fiber carbs fill you up more, and keep you fuller longer.

So basically the Glycemic Index?

If you do not have diabetes, or you are not pre-diabetic, this diet is asinine...
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday. Thinking it will help my servere carb and sugar cravings and so far so good, eating alot of beans, veggies and protein and have not been hungry. Also cravings seem to be down already.