Bobblehead Syndrome

Options
Does anybody notice that when you get closer and closer to goal weight you start looking like a bobblehead? You body looks great and you may even think you can even lose a bit more body wise, but in your face LORD HAVE MERCY! you look like you have not eaten in a week. Is it only me?

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    only you.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I think of bobble head I think of a big head....I have more like...shrunken head doll syndrome...my face and head are so small compared to my body
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't know about being a bobble head lol, but my weight loss does show on my face faster than anywhere else. Even my personal trainer said not to lose too much more in case my face looked gaunt. When I was at my thinnest years ago (a few lbs lighter than I am now) I had colleagues tell me I was starting to look gaunt.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have more like skinny neck syndrome now that my double chin is almost gone.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have shrunken head syndrome. I could easily lose another 20 pounds from my body, but my face is so scrawny!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* me!!!!! lol......now that my neck and body are getting smaller, my head looks huge lol
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's not just me lol!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not just you. My gf and I joke about it all the time because we are both on a weightloss journey and we're looking more and more like a bobblehead!! LOL
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If only, I have a fat face
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a shorty to experience it, lol. I do have a rather full face, which would lend itself to bobblehead syndrome, but my body is too stocky for that. xD
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I don't think I look like a bobblehead - skeletor, maybe, or a meth head with inexplicably good teeth - but not a bobblehead.

I'm 5'5'' and although I comfortably maintained 114-118lbs in my 20's, I had to increase that to c124lbs in my 30's and now that I'm over 40, I need to maintain around 128lbs to avoid looking sickly.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I tend to get lollipop head when I have lost too much weight. As much as I would love toe be 107 lbs again, 112-114 is a more comfortable, healthy looking weight for me.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sadly yes. I have it too. My face is kind of long. My face was kind of skinny even when I was fat. I lose weight from top to bottom.... First my face, then I lose my boobs, then my middle, then my bum, lastly my thighs and legs....
    What can I do? Not much.....
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Just Giada:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

images-1.jpg
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ahh Yes, the Star Jones Bobble Head. I have not experienced it. Usually my face slims out very well in proportion to my body.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    lol! I have noticed it on me (yet), but I have had discussions with friends about people who get the "syndrome". I really thing it's the adjustment of the new look. It doesn't seem to last for long from what I've noticed.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether or not I'm going through another "big hair" phase.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What I noticed is when I get on the too thin side my neck looks freakishly long
  • dydn11402
    dydn11402 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    omg totally! i have always said this about other ppl (not myself, havent lost that much). you know they've gone too far when they start looking like a bobblehead. all my anorexic friends in high school had this look.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!