Evening workouters

Options
2»

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I get home around 5pm and make dinner for the family. Depending on my workout, I start at about 7pm (run or a bike ride), then put my kid to bed when I'm done. Or, I go after I've put the kid to bed (swimming or weight room).
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    I prefer to work out then eat.. It's a mental thing for me. I feel more productive if I have a semi empty stomach when I work out. Plus I'm always hungry after a workout. :)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I try to run first thing in the morning, but I run with hubby and do the 30DS video in the evenings. I find that I can do it 3 hours after dinner, if its any closer we both feel like we will throw up and don't have as much energy. Tonight we are going to try running then the video (1 hr total) when he gets home, then eat around 7:30. Kids may have a hard time adjusting but I hate waiting til 9 pm to eat dinner.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Work 8-5
    Last snack 2:30-3
    Dinner at 6ish
    workout 7-9:30ish
    post workout fruit smoothie
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My "normal" routine:

Work until 4:30
    Last snack is generally around 3:30 (something with protein to tide me over- cottage cheese, cheese stick, protein drink)
    Home by 4:40
    Popping in the JM DVD by 5:00 and done by 5:30
    Dinner prep and eat
    Generally leave on the walk with the dog around 7:30-ish.

There are always some hiccups but I typically try to workout as soon as I get home or I'm afraid that it won't happen.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I work 8-5, go straight to the gym after work (about 5:15) and have a protein shake. Working out also really kills my appetite for at least an hour, so the protein shake helps get my energy up and keeps my hunger at bay until the exercise (lifting) kicks in as well as helping recovery. I get home at 7, where usually most of dinner is ready in my crockpot, or ready to pull out of the freezer. Usually eat around 8.

I would not workout (other than something mild like a walk) after dinner I don't think. No matter my intentions.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I go straight to the gym after work. Before I joined the gym I went straight home to workout. If I get all settled in and comfortable, I'm not doing ****. Plus, I would need more than an hour after my dinner to actually workout without puking.

I usually have my whey and some fruit in the car on the way to the gym...workout...and then I eat dinner around 8:30 or so.
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options
    I work 8am-5pm and have my last snack at 3PM. I get home between 5:30pm-6:00pm. Do you workout and then eat dinner or eat dinner and wait an hour so to workout?

It varies. I have the same work schedule and sometimes I'll go straight to the gym right after with my last meal being at 12 to 1ish (maybe a snack at 3 or 4). Other times, I go home eat dinner and wait about an hour, hit the gym and then drink a protein shake. Or I'll go to the gym around 6, protein shake, light dinner (even if it's at 9). Gotta fuel that body!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner around 7 and then workout about an hour later. Works best for me.
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go straight to the gym after work, hit it for about an hour, get home shower and eat dinner. After dinner I try to drink at least 20+oz of water.