My Fitness Coach

Options
hbb86
hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
Hey everyone!

Ive been kinda stepping up my fitness and bought my fitness coach for the wii.

I set up my profile which took what felt like a million years and then got going. First i should mention my fitness levels are quiche. Quiche being bad!

I initially set up to do 15 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, and ive done 4 workouts so far. Each time you do your workout, youre asked if it was easy, hard work or too hard, based on your answers, my fitness coach adapts your workout to suit. So far, my intensity has increased each time. I am absolutely KNACKERED after a 15 minute workout, but i feel like i have more energy and as though i can do more.

Sounds a bit silly because 15 minutes is such a short time frame but its hard work for me, and i find it really difficult, we all start somewhere right?

Has anyone else used this? what success have you had? Im really looking for an inspiring story to keep me going on my journey.

I LOVE MFP! so thanks so much for all your help, i know i keep saying it in every post i write but im really grateful. For the first time ever i don't feel alone with this (despite the fact my family are so supportive) i feel like you all know how i feel and know what i have ahead of me to loose this weight - im scared but im ready!

Thanks again

xxx

Replies

• asarwe
    asarwe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Never used a wii, but if it works for you then great. Re. workouts: If you sweat and get tired you are probably doing it right. You should feel knackered after a workout if you want to increase your fitness. Way to go for starting out!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My sister did Wii Fit for her wedding and went down from a UK 22 to a UK 14. I personally could never get along with it.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    No offense to the Wii but good old fashion exercise still does the trick for me. I get my butt into the gym about 4 to 5 times a week and do high intensity sessions for 30 -60 minutes. I also run several times a week. A good heart rate monitor that tells how many calories you burn would be good too.
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No offense to the Wii but good old fashion exercise still does the trick for me. I get my butt into the gym about 4 to 5 times a week and do high intensity sessions for 30 -60 minutes. I also run several times a week. A good heart rate monitor that tells how many calories you burn would be good too.

everyone has to start somewhere. Im sure you didnt start by going in straight away inyo 30-60 High intensity workouts and then do running, in fact i dont know anyone who could start out that way. The wii fit for me, is excellent for starting out.

I stay about 10 miles away from a gym which is why i workout at home - no excuses about travelling etc :)
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    everyone has to start somewhere. Im sure you didnt start by going in straight away inyo 30-60 High intensity workouts and then do running, in fact i dont know anyone who could start out that way. The wii fit for me, is excellent for starting out.

I stay about 10 miles away from a gym which is why i workout at home - no excuses about travelling etc :)
    Actually I did kind of jump straight into it with jogging but my workouts were a lot lighter back then. Good luck to you.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I did use MFC 4-5 times/week when I started a year ago, and it did help me lose weight and increase exercise tolerance. I since have added lifting, running and continue to occasionally use MFC as well as EA "More Workouts" for Wii.....which is more like a circuit with both resistance/core and cardio training.

Since we are currently in the middle of a tropical storm here Hawaii with torrential rain and wind....today my workout will be "Wii"ish.....!
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've never used Wii Fit as an "exercise tool" and never seen My Fitness Coach. However, I know my sister does use Wii Fit for exercise and it seems to work for her.
    If it gets you up and moving - that is awesome. However, I don't think it should be the *only* form of exercise you get. Get outside and walk for 30 min. No one said you had to jump right into running a 5k or bench pressing 150lbs. Of course you should start with what you can handle. But the Wii should be "extra" and not your only means of exercise....In my opinion.

Best of luck