Need some insight

Options
Hi all!
I am new to these boards but have been using the App for about a month. I need some insight as to what I am doing wrong. I am a 32-year old female, 5'3", and currently 150 pounds. I would like to get down to 135 but it is so hard for me. After I had my first daughter in 2007 I joined Weight Watchers and felt like I was starving myself to loose weight. I did it but in order to do so I ate practically no carbs, drank no alcohol, and hardly indulged in anything and eventually got down to 137. For those familiar with the old point system I was at 22 points a day. I then got pregnant with my 2nd daughter and have been struggling to get down to 135 again. I tried doing weight watchers again but I just felt so hungry all the time. At the time I was doing a lot of Cardio Kickboxing and walking/jogging outside. The weight didn't move at all unless I got down to 1100/1200 calories a day and I was hungry. About a month ago I joined a gym and started doing interval training along with weight training 5-6 times a week. MFP says that I should be eating 1330 calories a day. Yet other websites say that I should be eating around 1500/1600 per day. I just don't know who to follow. I know people will say that the more you eat you will lose weight. Um, not for me. I seem to put on a couple pounds with no problem (even just over the weekend and a little slip of having a piece of cake at a bday party and pizza - BOOM 2-3 pound gain). It is getting to the point where I might go have my thyroid checked.

Why is it that I have to bust my butt for months at the gym, eat so few calories to even see a slight movement in the scale? And then slip a little on the weekends and just gain it all back. What am I doing wrong? Too few calories?? Not enough calories?? Not enough cardio? I just don't know.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    You'll probably want to open your diary so we can take a looksie. Go to My Home > Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing (at the bottom).

Also, that weight gain right after pizza? Most likely water weight - pizza is full of salt and will cause you to retain water. Even sweet trifles have quite a bit of salt.
  • klo1335
    klo1335 Posts: 13
    Options
    Set the Diary to public view.

Thanks!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    The scale fluctuates so much, that maybe you would be better off checking your bodyfat percentages, and only weighing one time per month?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Of course you are hungry. You eat 1330 calories and at that level it is impossible to feel satiated if you live of processed carbs which are mostly, crackers and other processed flour. You eat some fruit, but no vegetables to speak of and your protein is too low.
    the occasional of " cheese type " something ( which I assume is not real cheese )and the occasional piece of meat is not enough. Also consistently skipping meals will also keep you hungry.
    I feel I at epretty healthy with the same calories ( 1330 ) you have, eat lot's more stuff, have never been hungry and so far since April 10th have lost just under 30 pounds. I now eat 1200 calories as an adjustment to my weightloss and still eat much, much more than you do and stay satiated.
    My diary is open, feel free to check.