HHHHEEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!

Options
NEW TO MFP,AND NEEDING ALL THE FRIENDS I CAN GET. THIS IS MY ONE OF MANY DIETS THAT I HAVE
CHOOSEN TO TRY. I AM WANTING TO MAKE THIS WORK MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE! I AM TIRED OF BEING
THE OVER WEIGHT MOTHER,FRIEND,SISTER,WIFE! I NEED THIS!!!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    take your caps off, it's tough to read.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You sound just how I feel!!!!! Feel free to add me if you want although I have been a big fat failure recently but, with the next stone up looming, I have GOT to get back on track!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You have the wrong idea sugar. This is NOT a diet and you shouldn't view it as a DIET, but more a life style change. I got a trainer and she changed my thinking---this is a life style change and one I am continuing for life and you would not believe how much easier it has become losing weight and excercising more. Life is good now with the new frame of mind
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m77sya7Ck61qih9gi.gif
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You have the wrong idea . This is NOT a diet and you shouldn't view it as a DIET, but more a life style change. I got a trainer and she changed my thinking---this is a life style change and one I am continuing for life and you would not believe how much easier it has become losing weight and exercising more. Life is good now with the new frame of mind

This.
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy foods and portions, exercise for health benefits (not just to lose weight but for physical/mental/emotional health) and it WILL work!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You have to do better than just " try ". You have to start eating less processed carbs, because three whole focaccias for lunch and some biscuits will not help you in weight loss. The same is true for going lots over your calories often. Occasionally is fine but not as a general rule. Also try to find a meal plan that suits you, because eating almost nothing and skipping meals one day and overeating by 150% the next is really not good.
    Maybe you need to spend some time googling to get an idea what a halfway healthful and in your case helpful diet looks like. You need to do this more consciously and eat vegetables/pulses/legumes, some fruit, quality proteins and really do it. Trying kind of half heartedly will not bring you the success you are looking for.
    If you learn a bit about nutrition and really do better you can even make space for the foods you like, but if you continue to eat what the few days of logging show I don't think you will be very successful.
    Good Luck !
  • DivaColumbus
    DivaColumbus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Supporting you already.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwd8r84hbz1qa8o7a.gif
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    First things first. Calm down.

1. It's about "quality" not quantity. You want to surround yourself with a group of people who are supportive.Not 100 people, you don't speak too.
    2. Friends that also have around the same amount of weight to lose and the same goals as you
    3. Friends that are working towards being HEALTHY AND FEELING GOOD, not starving themselves.
    4. Friends that are around the same age as you, so you have a little more in common.

I have about two people on my friend's list who I really aspire to be like, and having one or two friends who are healthy eaters, happy, and are involved in the MFP community really motivate me. Just a tip, take it or leave it.

On your marks, get set...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Try not to be discouraged by any negativity on the forums implying you're doing something wrong. People can be rude, but there are some very supportive people on this site. Feel free to add me!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    First things first. Calm down.

1. It's about "quality" not quantity. You want to surround yourself with a group of people who are supportive.Not 100 people, you don't speak too.
    2. Friends that also have around the same amount of weight to lose and the same goals as you
    3. Friends that are working towards being HEALTHY AND FEELING GOOD, not starving themselves.
    4. Friends that are around the same age as you, so you have a little more in common.

I have about two people on my friend's list who I really aspire to be like, and having one or two friends who are healthy eaters, happy, and are involved in the MFP community really motivate me. Just a tip, take it or leave it.

On your marks, get set...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this

log all the food you eat, everything you drink and your exercise. you need to figure out what is a sensible daily calorie intake (you can find out how to do this on the internet, or ask on here) and make sure you stay within it. and you will see results. good luck
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You have the wrong idea . This is NOT a diet and you shouldn't view it as a DIET, but more a life style change. I got a trainer and she changed my thinking---this is a life style change and one I am continuing for life and you would not believe how much easier it has become losing weight and exercising more. Life is good now with the new frame of mind

This.

Triple this...

and double on this one...
    You have to do better than just " try ". You have to start eating less processed carbs, because three whole focaccias for lunch and some biscuits will not help you in weight loss. The same is true for going lots over your calories often. Occasionally is fine but not as a general rule. Also try to find a meal plan that suits you, because eating almost nothing and skipping meals one day and overeating by 150% the next is really not good.
    Maybe you need to spend some time googling to get an idea what a halfway healthful and in your case helpful diet looks like. You need to do this more consciously and eat vegetables/pulses/legumes, some fruit, quality proteins and really do it. Trying kind of half heartedly will not bring you the success you are looking for.
    If you learn a bit about nutrition and really do better you can even make space for the foods you like, but if you continue to eat what the few days of logging show I don't think you will be very successful.
    Good Luck !
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Remember you CAN do this!
  • polodona
    polodona Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally FEEL you!!! Lets just say......YAY to new beginnings!!!!!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The best way to think of this is a lifestyle change. You need to build your menu in a way that you can stick with if for life. Whether you want to cut out processed foods completely or add them in ever so often, is up to you, but make it something you can live with, that way you don't get frustrated and quit

Excercise and drink lots of water.

Try to be as honest as possible with your logging....

Good luck!!!!!

P.S. Typing in all caps is considered shouting, and offensive to some.