What will it take?

Options
Yet again I find myself erasing all of my previous data for a fresh start.  At the same 199.4 lbs. The only plus to this whole endeavor is that I have managed not to gain anything. I don't understand why it is so hard this time(s) to get my focus. I lost weight in high school, through the stress, the fast food jobs, and good family cooking.  But now for some reason, I can't get my focus in at all. Even worse...I still don't see myself as overweight. I still feel as small as I did in 2008 (my lowest weight ever 140 lbs). Sometimes I see pictures that have been taken of me and it clicks for a day or so that I need to make a change, but then I see myself in the mirror and say "Still have the dip in the waist. Still have the curves that I love so much. Husband still can't keep his hands off of me.  I'm good....Pizza for dinner tonight, ice cream for dessert."

So I guess I really have to decide WHY I want this so bad. And list those reasons out:
1. Face it, the mirror lies. But the amazing way you felt at 140 lbs wasn't a lie.
2. Those size 5 jeans you threw away because they were "ruined" by the cat's litter training fiasco were in the same box as the size 14's you wore all winter. You chose not to save them, but parted with them mainly because they haven't fit in years.
3. Your husband deserves his tshirt collection back. So you have two choices: buy your own extra-large mens tshirts or lose the weight and wear cute clothes again.
4. The blood test showed positively that you do NOT have a thyroid problem or any other problem that makes you gain weight. That leaves the fact that this "weight problem" is really a "motivation problem"
5. Just a year ago you HATED the fact that you depended on Tobacco to function.; You quit. Just 3 years ago you HATED the fact that you depended on someone else to make you happy. You kicked him out and rebuilt your life (and meet the love of your life). Just 5 years ago you HATED the fact that you were stuck in the same dead in job you had in highschool. You joined the military and got out of a town that nobody ever leaves. So what is it going to take to make you understand that you HATE being overweight?

Replies

• wxbeauty123
    wxbeauty123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with number 4 so much. I keep getting my blood checked and hope for a thyroid problem though I have enough health issues why would a problem like that.

All I can say as starting out again and again. You just keep trying and take it one day at a time. This time I have decided to focus on 1 pound at a time. Not worry about 5lbs, 10lbs or 100 lbs.

Good luck you can do it.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Even worse...I still don't see myself as overweight. I still feel as small as I did in 2008 (my lowest weight ever 140 lbs). Sometimes I see pictures that have been taken of me and it clicks for a day or so that I need to make a change, but then I see myself in the mirror and say "Still have the dip in the waist. Still have the curves that I love so much. Husband still can't keep his hands off of me.  I'm good....Pizza for dinner tonight, ice cream for dessert."

I identify with this sooooooooo much. I don't feel like I've put on 50+ lbs in the past three or four years, but those size 12 work pants that I used to rock two years ago say otherwise. Bf and I started dating when I was around 160 and he's never commented (nor lost ANY interest) over the 60 lb gain. Surely I'm alright.....oh wait, why can't I dance for more than a song when we go out on friday nights? Why do I only have three pairs of pants that can fit but a closet full of other pants? Why am I popping a handful of tums every day? Hmm...

You'll find it. Everyone is different in their approach, but when you find the right reasons and right methods for yourself it will happen.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    TribeHokie so glad that I am not the only one that didn't notice the change. Blessed we are to have men who love us regardless.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Your name made me laugh as it is just what I said to myself this evening. I have been on here for 15 months and weigh more than I did at the beginning. Interestingly within the past year my thyroid has been found to be really low and I was put on thyroxine- yippee, I thought, now the weight will fall off. Uh oh!! Big fat no!!! I also get a shock when I catch sight of myself unexpectedly as I am so much larger than I visualise myself! I am away this weekend and will not have much control over what I eat as we will be with friends. However, I have GOT to get back on track from a week Tuesday and I will not binge myself into oblivion over the next 7 days- I will just try my best each day. I am 45 and have so many aches and pains that must surely be caused by the weight. So, YOU ARE NOT ON YOUR OWN!!!!! You have made some massive adjustments to your life over recent years so have shown that you have control and motivation so, if you really want to lose weight, I am sure that you will be successful. If you need friends who also struggle, feel free to add me. In the meantime, all the very best with your weight loss journey x
  • janinelechuga
    Options
    What an awesome post. And very inspirational. I am so relating to it too. For me, I am so sick of having this weight hold me back. I do believe that I am ready to let go of my fortress though. This journey is exciting with all of the changes I see. I've been allocated more "Me" time which has made a huge difference.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    Options
    Your name made me laugh as it is just what I said to myself this evening.

I thought the name was very fitting. Seems like its a constant process to start again.
    So, YOU ARE NOT ON YOUR OWN!!!!! You have made some massive adjustments to your life over recent years so have shown that you have control and motivation so, if you really want to lose weight, I am sure that you will be successful. If you need friends who also struggle, feel free to add me. In the meantime, all the very best with your weight loss journey x

Isn't that the great thing about MFP, that none of us have to do it alone? I will add you and wish you luck on your journey too.
  • sa11yjane
    Options
    Indeed. This is such an amazing site full of wonderful people. Look forward to getting your friend request and we can start all over again together! x
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    Options
    I agree with number 4 so much. I keep getting my blood checked and hope for a thyroid problem though I have enough health issues why would a problem like that.

Lol my doctor was very surprised at how great my blood results were...then was stunned when I burst out crying at the results of the thyroid test. I was so SURE it was medical and not just plain old lacking motivation
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    Options
    I've been allocated more "Me" time which has made a huge difference.

What is this "me" time you speak of? Does it really exist? I must find some of that. Maybe then I can make "me" time "gym" time
  • sa11yjane
    Options
    'Me' time is when I get to escape to the bathroom for a bubble bath each night!!! Peace at last!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    One thing I'm realizing is that there is no starting over; not really. Life is a continuum. Keep going. I'm struggling to have more days when my eating habits match my plan. I'll get there.