Weigh in a day early??

Options
Advice please...... I normally weigh in on a Wednesday evening after work (about 6pm). Now this coming week its my birthday on Tuesday, and we are going for an all you can eat Chinese. Now my question is.... do I weigh in a day early - Tuesday after work, before the chinese, or leave it at Wednesday and what will be will be???

BTW, I have no intention of holding back!!! Ill be on a low calorie soup for lunch and exercising at lunch, so that will counter act SOME of it, but I have no intention of not having certain things, nor counting it. Bad I know, but this is the first time I have done this in a year on this lifestyle.

So guys..... TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY???!!!!

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Errrr, if it were me, I'd do it Tuesday..... then carry on as normal the wk after :/
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I'd just weigh on my regular day
  • MsPitt
    Options
    Well, are you going to feel bad on Wednesday if your weight is up a little? Or will you be able to shrug it off because you know the circumstances that caused the fluctuation? Do whatever works best for your emotional health!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i would weigh in both times and record both weights for yourself...that way you can celebrate what you have lost (or maintained) since your last weigh in but still keep aware of all that you enjoyed while celebrating your birthday!!! :) you should enjoy your birthday and i think you have a good plan to get in a workout at lunch however i also think it is a good idea to make yourself aware the next day of the difference the splurge will make...just my opinion :) happy birthday! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in on my normal day - but I always weigh in the morning when I wake up and BEFORE food!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Sometimes it's good just to get your 'bad' week out of the way so you can start fresh, but I'd probably weigh on the tues and then spend the week from the day after you go out to your next WI day to try and get it back down again. When I've had bad days I've done this and then still lost.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Tuesday. And enjoy your birthday!!!!!!!!!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm in with the weighing on both days. Record whichever is best and then work really hard to get back to where you were. Happy, Happy Birthday. Enjoy. :happy: :drinker:
  • FitnFab17
    Options
    I would weigh in on Tuesday and then Wednesday the following week. Tuesday would give you a more accurate reading of what you weight especially since Chinese (MY FAVORITE) is loaded with sodium. You will be super bloated!!!!!
  • Luckymam
    Options
    I'd just miss that weigh-in out. Why torture yourself?

Also, you are not "bad" for enjoying yourself. My son sees a dietitician due to a medical condition. She says that there is no such thing as a "bad" food; there are simply some foods that you should eat less of due to their higher saturated fat/calorie/salt etc. content.

Describing yourself as "bad" and feeling a need to justify yummy food choices on a social occasion is crazy!

Enjoy yourself! You don't eat like that every day. Make sure you savour every mouthful and don't you dare feel guilty!!! xx
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

I was lucky this year my birthday was the day after my normal weigh in :laugh: BUT you only have a birthday once a year :wink: If it was me I would weigh in on the day before but if you wanted to see the difference you could also weigh in the following day :drinker:

Add some more exercize in and stay within the cals and drink loads of water for the rest of the week to make up for it and the following week weigh in as normal :drinker:

Also I'd still track as much as possible what I had eaten :blushing: just so you have an idea what will need to be burned off :heart:

Happy Birthday and enjoy it :flowerforyou:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Wow I just looked at your profile you have done FANTASTIC already and lost 58lbs!! you DESERVE a treat :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I think I will bite the bullet and weigh both days, and record officially on wednesday, as I would have had to if I was still attending weight watchers. Id love to miss this weeks weigh in in a way, but I cant, as I quit weight watchers last week to go it alone, and dont want to start getting into bad habits.
    I might finish early on Tuesday and do an hours walk with the dog which usually burns me about 500 cals (so my HRM says!!) as well as a lunch time walk, and log everything as best I can.

EEEEkkkkk! This is a new for me, as I normally just do what I like and stuff the consequences. Shows how far ive come in the last year!
  • Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow I just looked at your profile you have done FANTASTIC already and lost 58lbs!! you DESERVE a treat :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

P.S thanks Chellie, its took a year so far and a lot of motivation and exercise!!! It was 63lb last week but had a big gain this week :sad:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'd weigh in a day early. It's only a day, you'll be back on track next week. Some day you may be in a situation where you have to weigh in a day late, it'll balance out.

LOL

Look at this from a not so serious stand point - really, it's just a day! :wink:

Enjoy your day!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Advice please...... I normally weigh in on a Wednesday evening after work (about 6pm). Now this coming week its my birthday on Tuesday, and we are going for an all you can eat Chinese. Now my question is.... do I weigh in a day early - Tuesday after work, before the chinese, or leave it at Wednesday and what will be will be???

BTW, I have no intention of holding back!!! Ill be on a low calorie soup for lunch and exercising at lunch, so that will counter act SOME of it, but I have no intention of not having certain things, nor counting it. Bad I know, but this is the first time I have done this in a year on this lifestyle.

So guys..... TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY???!!!!

I have had similar situations such as this, what I have done is, weighed in on the morning of the day in question. So in your case, I would weigh in, first thing in the morning on the Tuesday and then continue as per normal after that.

Enjoy your meal!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in both days and record the best weight of the 2 days. I weigh now several times a week, sometimes daily. I record the best weight of Sunday and Monday.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    i would weigh in both times and record both weights for yourself...that way you can celebrate what you have lost (or maintained) since your last weigh in but still keep aware of all that you enjoyed while celebrating your birthday!!! :) you should enjoy your birthday and i think you have a good plan to get in a workout at lunch however i also think it is a good idea to make yourself aware the next day of the difference the splurge will make...just my opinion :) happy birthday! :)

I agree with this :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Tuesday!!

:flowerforyou: Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou: