just had my 2nd child...

Options
on August 12th and I'm more than motivated to lose the baby weight and then some. I was overweight by about 20 pounds when I got pregnant. We are not going to have anymore kids and I turn 30 next year...I think knowing I'm not going to get pregnant again gives me more motivation to get to my goal weight plus everyone says losing weight and keeping it off is harder in your 30's...not sure if that is true, but I don't want to find out...it's like I just really didn't care before though.

My ultimate goal is to lose 40 total pounds by June 6, 2011. My first SMALL goal is to get to 158, my starting pregnancy weight and then go from there. I'm about 15 pounds away from my first goal. I have to cut it down into small goals so I feel successful and not overwhelmed.

I plan to do this by:
portion control/counting calories/NOT eating out and cooking more
drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day
doing something active everyday (workout video, walking with my kids or jogging, etc)

I am not released to workout aside from walking until Sept. 23...I feel great so I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my doctor!

Any advice is much appreciated, by the way! I'm excited to reach my goal!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have a thread called Time for us Moms! group in the fitness and support area. We would love to have you in there too. Congrats on the birth of your baby. Are you breastfeeding?

I will be 30 next year too and started with 42 lbs to lose. I think your method sounds good and I like your mini-goals. Have a great night!

Lisa
  • kristibag81
    Options
    I only breastfed at the hospital. I have a "snacker" son who eats constantly and I knew I couldn't handle the stress of that plus a 2 year old diva. :)

I will definitely look for the thread today! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Kristi
  • swik23
    swik23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My 3rd child is 7 months old and I am ready to start to loose also. Finally feeling like maybe I can put some time into exercise and plan out some meals.