Staying Motivated?

Options
So...
I am finding it rather hard to get going. I am starting to think motivation is a load of crap and you just have to start treating the gym like a job, something you just have to get up and do every day. I knew it would be hard. I thought I was motivated, I have two trips this year and my wedding next year.
How do you all stayed motivated to go to the gym?

Thanks
Rach

Replies

• Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I spend ridiculous amounts on supplements and feel obligated to use them correctly or it feels like a waste of cash.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It has got harder for me to motivate myself more lately. I go 4 times per week sometimes 5. I just say to myself that if I want to look good I have to make the effort. Every single step I take on that treadmill is one step closer to my goal weight. That's my motivation. Hope this helps?
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I work odd hours at the moment so that's been my excuse for not going for some time, but when that changes (which will be soon..) I know I'm gonna struggle to get motivated again!

I know I always feel great after I've had a good work out, so to keep motivated I just try to think of that feeling when you've just finished! - Plus its never as bad as you anticipate it being! I also find that taking my gym gear to work with me & getting changed before I leave work so I can go straight there works for me!

Good luck !!
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I personally work out in the mornings before work. I have noticed that on days I skip the gym, the days seem so long and I'm irritable all day. When I go to the gym I have such a better day, and oddly enough even though I have to get up much earlier, the day goes so much quicker. Plus, I like food. Working out for me = more food throughout the day, and that I like! :laugh:
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    well it's definitely not easy. I work retail and my schedule changes from week to week. I asked that I be scheduled like 9AM or later so I could get a gym workout in and they've been very good about it. If I have to go in earlier, I try to get to the gym after work, but that's usually when it's the hardest! I'm probably at a 50% success rate going after work...