Would you eat a test tube burger?

Options
SirBonerFart
SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/29/tech/worlds-first-test-tube-burger/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

But the world's first test-tube burger -- grown in a laboratory from a cow's stem cells -- will be served in London next week.

The burger, made from 20,000 strips of cultured meat mixed together with lab-grown animal fat, took nine weeks to grow and cost £250,000 ($384,000) to develop

Is it paleo?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    in London...and these are the folks complaining about the slightest bit of GMO anything?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/29/tech/worlds-first-test-tube-burger/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

But the world's first test-tube burger -- grown in a laboratory from a cow's stem cells -- will be served in London next week.

The burger, made from 20,000 strips of cultured meat mixed together with lab-grown animal fat, took nine weeks to grow and cost £250,000 ($384,000) to develop

Is it paleo?

:sad: :laugh:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Sure I would if:

1. It was cheap
    2. It was tasty
    3. It was, as far as I knew, not made of people.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I would not eat it, Sam I am.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sure I would if:

1. It was cheap
    2. It was tasty

Not people? Colour me disappointed...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    mmmm. Tube steak! I would eat it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    id love to be one of the first to try it. and i would keep eating it if it tasted good.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    in London...and these are the folks complaining about the slightest bit of GMO anything?
    No, most of us don't give a ****. You're thinking of the hipster side of London.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who read this and initially thought the title said "Would you eat a test tube baby" ?
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Sure I would if:

1. It was cheap
    2. It was tasty

Not people? Colour me disappointed...

sticker,375x360.png&sa=X&ei=Kt_2UbDsF4T68QSCwoGoAQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEOwnwRj1GwbmJUrgzlVYeWYPdUrw
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would give it a try. I'm curious like that. As long as they cover any medical bills if I get sick from it.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who read this and initially thought the title said "Would you eat a test tube baby" ?

No, no you're not! I had to read it twice.

I think I'd much rather have a real meaty burger, but then my husband is a slaughterman so I am probably bias.

add me to this list.

in response to the ACTUAL question and not the one my brain spat out: yeah, if it tasted good. remember that Europe has issues w/ Mad Cow. this is a way to get beef w/o risking your brain. win/win.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    After someone else ate it and didn't die, sure why not? If they did die, then it all comes down to how good the burger looks & smells.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    With some favre beans and a nice chianti............
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Sure. I would eat anything at least once.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? Maybe cultured meat will replace factory farming someday.

It does remind me of a book I have called Man After Man...it was written 23 years ago and imagines how genetic engineering will create specialized humans and other creatures, like the "engineered food creature" that's basically a mound of flesh and fat that's fed by chemicals and people just cut meat off of it as they need it...

5223079052_89d7540bbf_z.jpg
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Sure. I would eat anything at least once.

How YOU doin?
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would probably eat it as long as I could afford to.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? Maybe cultured meat will replace factory farming someday.

It does remind me of a book I have called Man After Man...it was written 23 years ago and imagines how genetic engineering will create specialized humans and other creatures, like the "engineered food creature" that's basically a mound of flesh and fat that's fed by chemicals and people just cut meat off of it as they need it...

5223079052_89d7540bbf_z.jpg

Interesting - this was a Doctor Who episode too. (Torchwood perhaps...)