leslie sansone walk off the pounds question

Options
Hi all,

Does anyone know how many calories are estimated to be burned when completing any of Leslie Sansone's walk off the pounds videos?

I usually just mark it as moderate or brisk walk but would like to know if I am accurate?

Anyone trying her videos, if so how successful have they been for you?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i do them off and one depending on the weather - i usually log them as light aerobics. i dont remember how much my HRM said i burned when i did them though.
  • cdpdee
    cdpdee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I am unable to reopen the links, here is what they sent me:
    http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/1-question-of-all-time/

http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/more-on-calorie-burn/

http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/

I opened them once, but cannot reopen, but have created my own exercises as follows:
    SANSONE without weights 100 calories/15 mins
    SANDONE with weights 125 calories/15 mins
  • 61aw
    61aw Posts: 1
    Options
    maybe you can download an pedometer app on your phone and set it when you are doing your walk. it will track your distance, speed and calories burned
  • cdpdee
    cdpdee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RESPONSE PROVIDED BY LESLIE SANSONE:
    Our walks always move at a brisk pace – we design the speed (miles per hour) of the walk by the beats per minute of the music – if you keep the pace of our walk and follow the arm movements at full intensity … you can burn at least 100 calories per mile … your body weight will determine if it will be a bit under this amount (a lighter body weight will burn less calories) …. others will burn over 100 calories because of a higher body weight … and don’t forget all those MUSCLE ACTIVATING Walk Boosters …. if you use hand weights, bands, belts …. you BOOST the intensity of the Walk …. you BURN MORE calories! The simple answer to “How many calories do we burn per Mile?” The Walk without Boosters … approx. 100 calories per mile! The Walk with Boosters ….. approx. 125 – 150 calories per mile! -
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For the 14 minute mile, I do 7 minutes at 4mph and 7 minutes at 4.5mph under cardio. I am lighter so I don't think 100 calories a mile is accurate even with the extra moves that are being done. It always seems that most things that are guessing calories burned for an average person is done on someone weighing 180 pounds and since I am no where near that, I know I have to take that into consideration when I am logging or I could be giving myself a lot of extra calories burned. I am considering getting a heart rate monitor though and I really want to see how much it gives me based on that. I will update if I end up getting a monitor.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post....I found the video's on youtube and I am going to start them as soon as my knee heals. Good luck to you!
  • harrogate55
    Options
    i do Leslie Sansone's DVD sometimes, I really like her DVDs I log them under walking 3.0mph mod.
  • acs427
    acs427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think all of the responses I read were helpful...thanks again!