how did YOU get through your last pounds?? help!

Options
Hey, guys. I am still stuck needing to lose about ten pounds. I feel like I've been here forever. How long did it take you to get the last 10-15 pounds off? How did you handle any plateaus, if any? Is there anything at all to help me just get to kicking these last pounds? I guess I'm just looking for anyone who has been here and gotten past it....what's your story?

Replies

• kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :-/
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have about 5 more to lose, and it does not want to budge. So frustrating!
  • kleonard42
    Options
    It really is! I know this doesn't last forever but MAN can it be discouraging at times!! That's why I am looking for some other people's stories and success in this department...I just feel like it would help get me through it a little better.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It took me nearly 6 months to lose 15 pounds. Eat right and workout, it'll come off eventually.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It really seems to take forever! It's got to come of eventually right? lol
  • wjack459
    wjack459 Posts: 17
    Options
    the mirror is our worst enemy plus the scale.. we all know as we lose weight our calorie count goes down. so just keep at it because the body will get "used" to anything that your doing to it. so the thing to do is change thing up. if you ran three miles this time run a while then brisk walk (back and forward). you got trick your body into continue to burn "fat" and calories. hey i would add stairs in there. i added weightlifting but when i get to a set of 10 or 12 i just add more weight ( high weights and less reps) so the point is that you let your body know not to let down. and try some whey protein and shred matrix ( i love to work out in the morning on a empty stomach) but to each his own. then i come home have a protein shake ( water) ,and breakfast then i go to the weights. but i work out six day a week and rest on sunday!!!! i made a change 71 days ago and have lost over 25 lbs, so please hung in there and change thing up at times. so your body dont get use to what youre "doing"!!!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have been "stuck" at the last few pounds (about 5 to lose) for about 6 months so really basically in maintenance. I need to get back to more regular exercise, great advice wjack459! Congrats on your progress BTW! :flowerforyou:

edited for early morning typos :laugh:
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    OK I Just looked back through...I've been working on the last 10 since the middle of April, now on the last 4. So losing around 1.5lbs/month.

I did plateau for about a month there and took one weekend off to splurge and eat quite a bit more to "shake things up"/on the dubious advice of my husband...I don't know if there is anything to it but when I got back to it the scale did start moving again.

Sure I'd like it to go faster but at this point I just try to focus on the habits - logging, making good food choices, and continuing to push myself hard in my workouts.
  • kleonard42
    Options
    Thanks, you guys!!! I went ahead and set my daily calories to be a bit lower for right now and I've been doing 20-30min HIIT workouts along with walking most evenings. I really hope this helps. I think adding in some weight training would be good but I don't have any weights! :-/ So hopefully with the food and workout adjustment I can shake these last 10-12 pounds.

Any other tips? I'm open to anything right now!
  • kleonard42
    Options
    OK I Just looked back through...I've been working on the last 10 since the middle of April, now on the last 4. So losing around 1.5lbs/month.

I did plateau for about a month there and took one weekend off to splurge and eat quite a bit more to "shake things up"/on the dubious advice of my husband...I don't know if there is anything to it but when I got back to it the scale did start moving again.

Sure I'd like it to go faster but at this point I just try to focus on the habits - logging, making good food choices, and continuing to push myself hard in my workouts.

Thank you for sharing. Knowing that in a month I could lose an amount I would like to lose in a week is actually comforting. It just helps let me really understand you guys when you tell me that even if it comes off slow, it's still going to come off!

THANKS!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    No help but im with you. I've lost 5 lbs in the past 3 months. Feel like these last 10 are going to take until next year.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've found that cycling calories helps with that. Meaning you eat higher amounts of calories about every 3 days. Basically it keeps your body guessing and prevents it from adapting to the low calorie totals you're eating on most days.

And then the same kind of thing for your workouts. If you do the same thing over and over again, you get more efficient at it and don't burn as many calories doing it.

Hope that helps.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I feel the same :( The scale keeps bouncing around the same few pounds so I have between 6 and 8 lbs left to lose and man, its frustrating! I tried dropping my cals a bit more and trying to exercise a bit more often with some weights but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening. I'm going away for 4 days tomorrow and although I shall try to eat fairly healthily, I won't be calorie counting. I imagine I'll be eating lots of sandwiches and easy cook camping food to cheaply get us through our holiday so I'm expecting to go over my calories most days and I'm really hoping this will kickstart my metabolism again for when I get back next week.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 goal weights, 168,158 and 155. For each one I have eaten around 1300 then went up and ate lot about 1700 with some new foods that I don't usually eat. This seems to jolt it and I meet my goal. who would know eating more helps me hit goal.
  • coliecat8
    Options
    I have had 3 goal weights, 168,158 and 155. For each one I have eaten around 1300 then went up and ate lot about 1700 with some new foods that I don't usually eat. This seems to jolt it and I meet my goal. who would know eating more helps me hit goal.

Great advice. Thank you, Brenn!