Question on fitness

Options
If my calorie goal is 1200 and I workout 200 calories should I eat back those 200 calories ? I'm confused on this.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should. Your NET calories should be 1200.

However, whether or not 1200 calories is the right amount for you is debatable, but I'll let others fight that fight. :wink:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should. Your NET calories should be 1200.

However, whether or not 1200 calories is the right amount for you is debatable, but I'll let others fight that fight. :wink:

This exactly.
  • Ldredding
    Ldredding Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How do I know what the right amount is? I do somedays feel like its not enough. I am trying to lose weight but I feel like I'm starving somedays.
    Anyone's input is welcome. I'm clueless.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    How do I know what the right amount is? I do somedays feel like its not enough. I am trying to lose weight but I feel like I'm starving somedays.
    Anyone's input is welcome. I'm clueless.

Do a quick Search for "In Place Of A Road Map" and read that thread, it will point you in the right direction. :) If you feel like you are starving, it is a good indication that you are undereating.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you are following MFP - then yes, you eat the exercise cals back. the formula can be found on the goals page.

Also - did you pick a 2lb/week loss and sedentary? Unless you are truly sedentary, redo the #s and pick the right activity level and do a 1lb/week loss. As you get close to goal, it'll take longer and eventually you will need to reconfigure for .5lb/week loss.
  • Ldredding
    Options
    Yes I did pick 2 lbs per week and sedentary bc at the time that was true. Now I exercise everyday and I chase around my 2 year and have a job where I'm up and down all day. What should I choose?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Yes I did pick 2 lbs per week and sedentary bc at the time that was true. Now I exercise everyday and I chase around my 2 year and have a job where I'm up and down all day. What should I choose?

Do 1lb/week loss and moderately active (or whatever the one after lightly is). Eat at this for 4-6 weeks and then adjust as needed.
  • Ldredding
    Options
    That changes it to 1530 a day. Does that sound better to y'all?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    That changes it to 1530 a day. Does that sound better to y'all?

sounds like a good start :)

And one more thing - if you don't have a food scale, get one. they are around $12-$30 and you can get them at Wal-Mart, Target, amazon, etc.