Hello Everyone

Options
Hi,

I'm Dan, I'm 33 years old and I live in Sunderland, England with my 7 year old daughter. I've been using MFP for a week and a half after I came across the app on my Android phone.

I've dieted in the past and lost a fair bit of weight, but it has always gone back on with interest! With the help of MFP and some will power, this time I'm hoping to stick to it and lose just over 100lbs.

I lost 10lbs in my first week! That said, I know from past experience that you tend to lose a lot when you first start dieting. I'm sure the weight loss will even out at a pound or two per week, but as long as I head in the right direction then I'll be happy :)

All the best,
Dan

Replies

• Catclaudio
    Options
    congrats dan!! :) i joined a week ago at the same time i started my "lifestyle change" or re-engaged it. i had a big loss to this first week, which has just blown my mind... but i am prepared for the plateau to hit anytime!! i dont want it to be a downer or an excuse to cheat.

keep up the success!
  • danmullen
    Options
    Thanks! I hope that seeing how well other people are doing on here will keep me motivated and provide the inspiration I've lacked every time I've "fallen off the wagon" in the past :)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Dan, this is such a great site with lots of great people. :)
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Welcome Dan! I just joined this week and am blown away with all this site has to offer. Great support and encouragement from so many. Good luck to you!
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Welcome Dan! I just joined this week and am blown away with all this site has to offer. Great support and encouragement from so many. Good luck to you!
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Dan you have made a great step - I joined here 5 weeks ago and it really has made a difference I was at the low point in my regular yoyo cycle and being here got be through the floor and on down. If you want friends for support etc ping me a request. It helps to have a wee collection of friends in the UK as the time difference can get in the way - foods are different and so on.

I found the site via Android but use it almost exclusively on the PC but then I am seldom away from a connected PC for more than an hour at a time:smile:

John
  • danmullen
    Options
    Cheers John, I appreciate the support. I really feel like this is the end of the yoyoing for me!