How many calories should I consume?

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting! I'm 19, 156 lbs and 5'9.5. I have been eating 1300 calories for a couple of days, but I was wondering if this is safe or if I should be eating more? I know my weight is considered in the healthy range, but I want to lower my body fat percentage. I'm thinking around 140 would be a good goal! Thanks!

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    How much are you working out? Even without fitness, my calculators showing you needing at least 1480?
  • kdownsky
    kdownsky Posts: 4
    Options
    How much are you working out? Even without fitness, my calculators showing you needing at least 1480?
    Very little at the moment because of work, but planning on picking it up again in the coming weeks. I do eat back the 200-300 exercise calories though when I get to the gym once or twice a week. Should I up my calories to around 1500?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If you're using a diet plan thats based on your BMR, then you should eat back calories you burn off doing exercise. If you're doing TDEE, then you shouldn't.

If you read the forum in the link below, it will explain the difference between the two :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • kdownsky
    kdownsky Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the info! x