concerned

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
my jeans are loose on me again and im mainttain my weight. why is it that my jeans are gettin looser and even tho im not loosin any weight why is this even happening ?thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Because muscle weighs more than fat and as you swap the two out, you might even gain a little at first. Inches lost = doing it right. Put your measurements in so you can track that too. Congrats!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    if you are exercising....you are toning and losing inches.... are you at goal? if not...just keep doing what you're doing, the scale will eventually move. our bodies may need an adjustment phase to all the changes we are making. have you hit a plateau? if so, change or increase your exercise routine. maybe increase your water intake? keep at it, you're doing great!
  • Are you scales accurate? are you using them in the same place on a lvl surface? mine change quite a bit if i use them in my bathroom to into my bedroom.

Also have you noticed more muscle around your body, fat gathers around your waste so ya might be losing it there and replacing with a small muscle gain around your body.
  • My thought would be that you are probably still exercising and that through this you are continuing to tone your body. This could be making your waist and hips smaller without you actually losing additional weight. Also, muscle weighs more than fat. You could actually be continuing to lose some fat and gain muscle and not be losing weight but still have these results.
  • ccdo
    thank u all ever so much for ur responses

i walk alot thats about all the excercise im doing

ive probably hit a platue as some of you mentioned and im usin the same scales at the same time in the same clothes etc

so walkin is probalby makin me gain muscle in my legs but not my waist defo cause im at my Goal weight as u have asked and im very happy

thanks for the congrats and i hope to keep maintainin my weight for as long as i can. i cant do more excercise as a result of quittin the gym i was loosin too much weight so i have to limit it to walking

i dont drink water only a little but its not water retention im havin either i dont think so cause that woudl make the scales increase woudlnt it ????

anyways thanks for all your resonses and i respect the honesty with them :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    Because muscle weighs more than fat and as you swap the two out, you might even gain a little at first. Inches lost = doing it right. Put your measurements in so you can track that too. Congrats!

thanks very much and i have done what u have told me is to put my measurements in :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    if you are exercising....you are toning and losing inches.... are you at goal? if not...just keep doing what you're doing, the scale will eventually move. our bodies may need an adjustment phase to all the changes we are making. have you hit a plateau? if so, change or increase your exercise routine. maybe increase your water intake? keep at it, you're doing great!

good luck on your journey too and ive have for once in a long time reached my target weight heheheh thanks :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    Are you scales accurate? are you using them in the same place on a lvl surface? mine change quite a bit if i use them in my bathroom to into my bedroom.

Also have you noticed more muscle around your body, fat gathers around your waste so ya might be losing it there and replacing with a small muscle gain around your body.

i have more muscles in my thighs anythin but cause my waist is extremely small at 21 inches and my thighs are huge probably from the fact i do an awful lot of walking ooooh i thought fat gather s aorund the whole body never knew it was tied down to the waist hehehe :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    My thought would be that you are probably still exercising and that through this you are continuing to tone your body. This could be making your waist and hips smaller without you actually losing additional weight. Also, muscle weighs more than fat. You could actually be continuing to lose some fat and gain muscle and not be losing weight but still have these results.

thats true i tend to agree with this statement it makes alot of sense to me :flowerforyou:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    my jeans are loose on me again and im mainttain my weight. why is it that my jeans are gettin looser and even tho im not loosin any weight why is this even happening ?thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

I have never heard of anyone complain about getting thinner. LOL Unless they were pregnant.
  • ccdo

I have never heard of anyone complain about getting thinner. LOL Unless they were pregnant.

true but i dont wanna get too thin im a size 0 as it is and now i have to buy 9year old clothes to fit into now cause ive to wear a belt with size 0 thats why heheheh im only 94lbs dont want to loose more than my body has
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    About 8 years ago I gave up sugar, I know this sounds like it's off topic but I promise it's not. Anyway I only lost about 10 lbs but I went from a size 12 pant to a size 6. My body completely redistributed my fat. It was some of the strangest months of my life. And recently I read, but of course can't find for you, that once you are done dieting, if you maintain for a bit of time, this same rearranging can happen. Also some people loss in an odd first on first off kind of way but ultimately your body wants your fat stored evenly, if you are eating healthy your body will try to even out any strange losing that may have happened while you were in your weight loss phase. This is just another thought on what maybe happening. congratulations on reaching your goal and maintaining it.
This discussion has been closed.