Another new person.

Options
Hello everyone.

My name is Von and obviously I just joined this site as per the title of this thread. I stumbled upon it through a search and took a peek around and decided to join. Currently, I weight 307 lbs that is mostly in my hips, which I know doesn't make a difference. For a male I have a "ghetto booty" which is somewhat annoying to me but women tend to like it. I don't know why. Hahaha. My goal is to lose 147 lbs, or atleast get to what is considered normal for a man of 25 years of age standing at 5 ft 9 inches.

Anyhow, recent events have driven to my new motivation of losing weight and I'm hoping this site can help. I apologize now for all the questions on top of questions I'll be bugging anyone of you with. You'll just have to get over it. :)

*Surgeons General Warning* Sarcasm aloof!

PS. I like to joke around a lot. Please don't take a lot of what I say to heart if it doesn't sound like what a intelligent person would say. I'm a nice guy, really.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Von,

Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Von, this site is amazing, with lots of amazing people. :)
  • ItsTime2010
    Options
    Hello and welcome Von,

I am glad you decided to join us.
  • arich1231
    Options
    Welcom Von, A super site and everyone is so supportive and encouraging, well we all have a common goal. 'ONE DAY AT A TIME AND YOU SHALL GET THROUGH...