Fellow parents, UNITE!

Options
Hello all! My wife just had a baby 2 months ago, our 2nd. He was/is colicy, so it's been a struggle. Starting today I'm ATTEMPTING to get back in that old MFP swing. Before birth I had GREAT success, but these last 2 months have been too hectic to try logging. #1 is 1 1/2 years old, so our plate is FULL!

So I'm looking to add to my friends list. I have a great network, a guy never has too many friends, right?

So I'm looking for dedicated parents to be my friends. You also should be dedicated to physical self improvement. I've gained a touch of weight back because I fell into the soda habit. Get on me about that and nag me into kicking the habit!

I TRY to be a good friend. But unfortunately I lack on evenings and weekends. That's family time, and I rarely get online to log, much less support. But I try.

If you want to join forces, hit me up. Read my profile. See if we jazz up. I look forward to talking to you, my new friends!

AJL_Daddy

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I will consider this with my people and then get back to you. I have to weigh all the info and financial benefits of all parties seeking me. :smile:
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I will consider this with my people and then get back to you. I have to weigh all the info and financial benefits of all parties seeking me. :smile:

Perhaps my W-2 from last year will prove beneficial in your decision.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am the mother of a 6 year old but also own and operate a home care with 5 little ones plus my daughter. I know what it is like to have your hands full, balance dietary needs, exercise and your sanity.

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    request sent! i am a mother of 3 ... 16yr old 13 yr old and 4 yr old. it gets hectic but we can do this!
  • kamilah129
    kamilah129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count Me In!!! I Have An 8 Month Old Who Is Special Needs (Ventilator Dependent) So We Can Definitely Motivate and Help Each Other Out!!!!!

Good Luck :)

Kamilah
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options
    My wife and I just had our 2nd child (July 3rd), and our 1st is 18 months old. Of course I added moving from Florida to Michigan (in April), being without a Job (until the end of June), living with her parents (oh what a joy to cram a family of 4 and two dogs into a home that wasn't big enough for the two that lived their with their 1 dog), and then starting a New Job where pretty much everyone hates me (unfortunate side effect of taking a position as a result of the long term individual dying). Since misery loves company, I'll send you a friend request.
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ive recently had my second child too. She's 5 months old now and quite a little madam already, she wakes up at least 5-6 times a night and my oldest whos 3 years old has only slept through twice since he was born so we're all walking zombies in our house! Any other exhausted but determined parents feel free to add me, we can do this for our kiddies! x
  • watts3295
    watts3295 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just gave birth to my third baby 8 weeks ago. I lost 40 lbs using MFP last summer and then gained it all back during pregnancy. Our daughter is the baby then we have 2 boys age 5 and 21 months. I go back to work tomorrow and then our oldest starts Kindergarten next week and with all the new changes I need some help keeping on track. Thanks!
  • ChrisLole24
    ChrisLole24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am a father of 2!Feel free to send an add. Always looking for more support =)
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Im a mommy of 2 crazy boys 6 & 2. Add me if you would like this is my second go round after I had my second son I lost 35 lbs on here and for some reson stoped. im back again again after some set backs. But im on it and wanting to do this!
  • mischelleguerrero
    mischelleguerrero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had my third child in February. I also have a ten year old and a 19 month old. I am doing a points program and trying to log on here too. I would love some company!
  • CoachNye
    CoachNye Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello all, include me in if you like! I'm a dad of two active young teenagers but I'm also 50 years old. I am pretty active myself but have let myself go a bit over the last couple of years. Would like to loose the extra 20 lbs and get back to my "fighting" weight :)
    Just need the encouragement and the team atmosphere.
    Wish you all luck on your journey!!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mom of an 18-month-old here. I let my health/weight/self slip after he was born... I'm back and fighting now. :)
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im in.om 25 with two special needs boys.ages 4 and 2.they turn 5 and 3 in nov.i started this journey in fen.its been a struggle to keep up with the weight loss and dealing with my boys and my household.so feel free to add me any of u guys
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My babies are 7 (twins), 9, 12 and 15. I understand busy and remember being in the trenches. I'll gladly support fellow parents, on being healthier.
  • AJ_Muffin
    AJ_Muffin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have to add you because you have the coolest initials ever!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm a mom of two little boys also :)

Request sent...
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Oh my, how i can relate!

We had our 2nd child when our 1st was 15 months. He had TERRIBLY SEVERE COLIC. I took him back to the doctors because he just wouldn't.stop.crying. I told the pedi that i didnt like him :ohwell: He's now 2.5 and although he drives me crazy, it's gotten better and I don't miss those colic months. I often fantasized about running away. I said I would never do it again yet now that hes 2.5 and my daughter is 3.5, the hubby and I have decided to have one more next year. Sigh. What's wrong with us :laugh:

Anyways, if I can do it, you can do it :drinker: