HEY EVERYONE!

Options
this is my first time on here and i need to lose weight. dont know what else to say.. what is everyone else doing to help themselves loose weight?

Replies

• jmclarady
    jmclarady Posts: 9
    Options
    this is my first time on here and i need to lose weight. dont know what else to say.. what is everyone else doing to help themselves loose weight?
  • lindiecoetzee
    Options
    Counting Calories! If you see how many calories consume and how much exercise it takes to burn those calories, you feel quite motivated not to eat so much! E.g one chocolate has 205 calories and to burn these you have to run 20minutes @ 8mph. That is quite fast!

Hope you will enjoy this site and start losing weight soon!!
    NJOY!
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site! you will get obsessed with logging on here everyday..:happy: best thing to do is just make sure you log everything you eat and exercise everyday. And the support here is great, everyone here keeps you motivated. Have a great day!

Jeff
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    I got two of my friends to join the site that were very serious about losing some weight were doing the site together and also being exercise buddys. It helps to have the site but also to have someone to do it with. Its great been on since Sunday and I have lost almost 3 pounds just by adding exercise and watching my calories. i read and article yesterday that said this is the number one way to help you loose weight by keeping a food & exercise journal, it also stated that people who do this loose double the amount then people who pop the diet pills and exercise and not keep a journal. Good luck!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site! you will get obsessed with logging on here everyday..:happy: best thing to do is just make sure you log everything you eat and exercise everyday. And the support here is great, everyone here keeps you motivated. Have a great day!

Jeff

I completely agree! You WILL love it here! Welcome to the best site on the web!
    I might suggest that you log your food BEFORE you eat it, that way you might want to make better, other choices. I sometimes put in 2 and even 3 days worth of foods, just so that I know EXACTLY what I'll be doing number wise.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

The only thing I will add is to weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you the very best :drinker:
  • jmclarady
    jmclarady Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm having a hard time counting calories with food that dont have labels is there a book or something?

=)