I'm up 2 pounds this week, yet I'm counting it an NSV!

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I'm up 2 pounds this week. I don't like it, not one bit. But ya know what? I may have lost the battle last week, but this war is FAR from over--as a matter of fact, I'm in the heat of this blasted battle. I've been well within my cals and eating and drinking pretty darn good (if I may say so myself). Yet, something "aint" right. So, instead of whining and moaning and feeling sorry for myself, instead I've gone to my check-in and put back (subtracted) from my wee loss thus far back two pounds. I will also admit that even though my eating and drinking has pretty consistently been rather good, I haven't been moving this body of mine like I should, so I'm counting this blasted extra 2 pounds ALL JOY, and will count this failure as a learning lesson and will kick it up a notch in the exercise dept.

How's bout you? Have you gain this week by two or more pounds?

Do you have any ideas why?

Whatcha gonna do about it?

Here's some mental "snacks" for us to chew on...

“Attitude: It is our best friend or our worst enemy.” ~John C. Maxwell

“The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…one step at a time.” ~Joe Girard

“Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” ~African Proverb

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” ~Napolean Bonaparte

“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” ~Carol Welch

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Over the course of the summer I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds back. Since January, I'm down 20 pounds. It is frustrating, and my problem is the exact opposite. I've been pretty diligent about my weight lifting and exercising, but the food is my issue. All these barbecues and parties during the summer. Ice cream, wine, so hard to resist. I love your attitude, though, and I'm glad you are willing to see the big picture and understand that this is a long journey. It will all be worth it in the end...
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost the same 5 pounds since April, but have lost a lot of fat. That 5 pounds is water and inflammation from the weight lifting and carb cycling. I don't care what I weight, I can move a lot more iron, I had to buy new clothes because my pants kept falling off, and I can run faster/longer.
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Needed this today....thank you :flowerforyou:
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I also gained 2lbs when I weighed in yesterday. Only my 2nd gain ever and on both of these weeks, I went out for chinese a day or so before my usual Monday weigh in. I'm sure it's the salt content playing havoc and I know it will sort itself out. I'm annoyed but like you, I know it will sort itself out so I've got to stay motivated.

Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    yeah i did go up a little yesterday, and now back down... but i havent really lost anymore then when i started.... BUT my body has changed... i can feel my muscles and my body feels different when i walk (i cant feel as much back fat) so yeah not too concerned with the scales...
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been on this classic carb cycle from Chris Powell and have not lost anything for 1 & 1/2 weeks. In fact I gained 0.4lb but I am in this for the long haul. I know I feel better in myself and I have seen my fitness increase so sod the scale. I am getting fitter
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting you guys--ya know...true success is often painful and irritating and froth with all kinds of BLASTED failures, set-backs and ugh--for me, it's not all sunshine, roses and sugar free lollipops. Keeps me humble, I know that for sure:blushing:

That said, I can so relate to you guys who are saying you've lost and regained the same blasted 2-5 pounds over and over--wow:noway: .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!