Oww.

Options
I'm sore. Like I can hardly get over the baby gate and when I sit down, I'm really falling into the chair. Haha. I feel like I can hardly move. I've been walking around the house and doing normal household stuff because I know it's the best thing for me, but it's now 11:19 and I haven't exercised yet today. I need to, but I just... don't want to put myself through that. :| Husband keeps saying "It's okay to take a rest day every so often, just not two in a row." But, I've only been exercising for 3 days. Yesterday was Day 1 of the 30-Day Shred and it murdered me. Zumba the other 2 days was not this bad.

What do you do when you're sore? Do you just push through it? Do you take a day of rest? I almost cried earlier when I had to get on the ground and look for a sippy cup under the couch. :{

Replies

• ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I push through it but take it slower. I had started Jillian 30 day shred but I stopped as it was too much for me. I'm doing Zumba and C25K right now. Feel free to add..I'm on here every day.
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a low-intensity Zumba session (so instead of being a bouncing log... I'll just be a slightly jiggling one)! But seriously, I can't believe how out of shape I am right now. It's horrifying. As my kid runs around all day long with the energy of ten energizer bunnies... Gahhh. Share some of that with Mommy, please.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have had days like that as well & when you're a parent life just seems to go on regardless of whether you're incredibly sore or not! Parent life gotta <3 it. What works for me is soaking in warm baths, taking 2000 mg of vitamin C, 800 mg of ibuprofen, and a massage from the hubby ;) The mantra I say to myself "pain is weakness leaving the body." Hope you recover quickly!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did really lazy Zumba, which is to say I quarter-assed it. But I wanted to just have that dedicated time that I used to exercise, and I figured "warming up" my body wasn't a bad thing... I almost died anyway, but at least I feel better about having taken the time and *done* it. Ouch!