Looking for friends serious about MFP

Options
Hi, a few days ago I was looking for friends that were a certain amount overweight, but now I realize that doesn't matter!!! I just want friends serious about MFP so we can encourage each other on the journey.

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hadassa, I'm Sherry. I just joined an hour ago, and an looking for some companionship and coaching for the Paleo lifestyle.
    I need to lose a total of 130 pounds. I've decided I'm allergic to wheat, rice, refined sugar, and dairy, because I've read that one craves the food to which one is allergic. How about you?
  • zannyone
    zannyone Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi, I know for sure I have issues with dairy and eggs.(not that I don't eat them once in a while) Hope you enjoy MFP, I am pretty new myself and am really enjoying it!!!
  • tanyagarneau
    Options
    lets motivate eachother!
  • 123im4u2c
    123im4u2c Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi,
    I just joined today, I want to lose 10 lbs or a little more, it really doesn't matter.
    I have always been serious about fitness and good health but 4 years ago I was robbed at gunpoint.
    I gained 10 lbs when I was prescribed medication because the trauma led to Graves disease, which is
    a thyroid disorder. If you know about thyroid it controls everything in your body, and that's metabolism.
    I worked hard and lost the 10 lbs, only to gain it back after my boyfriend had a stroke last thanksgiving!
    I knew he had to stop smoking so we did the buddy system and kicked it together! I have been smoke free
    over 8 mos now! I have also gained back 10 lbs and went up a size. Due to my thyroid I have to work twice as hard to lose.
    One of the pills I take is an amphetamine which kills your appetite. I believe the wait is not budging even though I work out, walk
    and strength train, because I'm not eating enough! I just did my chart for today and it said I needed 1200 cal per day! I had 500
    left over! My Body is in starvation mode and it is holding onto anything it can get not good I know! Any thoughts on how I can get
    these calories I need? I eat what I want, I just don't usually eat anything until mid afternoon around 3pm. It's got to stop! Lynda
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Hi, Tanya. You're working on Paleo, too?
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Lynda, go make some veggies and slather on the butter. I think you need FAT, if you're doing PALEO. That will take care of your calorie count, too!
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as I log in daily and complete my food diary daily.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I keep looking for the 'Like' button to respond to some posts. Darn.
    Give out with some stories or problems, people! :happy:
  • plsgtfit
    plsgtfit Posts: 5
    Options
    I joined last week and hardly have any friends on here :/
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I certainly am serious about MFP since fitness has taken on an all new challenge. Overweight by 107 lbs. when I started, I lost 65 lbs. in under 90 days but serious physical issues have put the breaks on any exercise so I am left with a diet approach alone so things have slowed drastically for now. I am permanently and totally disabled but I have been doing a lot of walking as exercise even though I am barred from type of exercise. I am still with MY program and soon my body will be too (I hope).

Friends request sent
  • stephtubby
    Options
    Hey I'm extremely serious about MFP, I've been using it every single day for the past year or so, best thing I have ever done
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I'm glad I found My Fitness Pal. I plan to use it daily too. However, I'm glad I arrived AFTER whatever change it went through. I really like the food diary, which can help me keep track of fat, protein, and carbohydrate grams.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im here everyday, add me :)