Anyone weigh themselves everyday?

Options
How much do you fluctuate every day?

:happy:

Replies

• talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bah! I used to be obseesed with that! LOL! but currently I weight every 1 or 2 weeks :) ....

but it is really sucks and bcoz u will notice gain in weight daily! and it will let u feel depressed and down!

but sometimes it is all water weight!

so I highly recommend that everyone weight themselves in weekly bases at least :) !!
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, because if I don't then i get out of the habit of weighing at all. And that is why I'm back on here a year later having undone almost all of the good work I did.

I fluctuate by a pound or two on a daily basis.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just out of curiosity. On Mondays I always weigh heavier by between 1-3 pounds and I think this is mainly because I am not as active on the weekends and retain more fluid. Other than that mostly I weigh roughly the same with perhaps a pound fluctuation. The key to successfully weighing each day is not to be obsessed by what the scale says .. if you weigh a little more then just shrug it off and carry on with your healthy eating plan ... I have seen some people devastated because 'I have put on 3lbs since yesterday' - so let's be realistic here - to do that you would have had to eat approx 10 thousand extra calories :noway: and logic would tell us that there is some other reason for it such as fluid retention.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I don't but I do weigh myself weekly and I adjust it on here wether I go up or down in weight
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    As much as I try to exercise self control and keep off that scale, I can't! I weigh each morning after using the bathroom, but I don't log my weight daily. I just record new lows, so I can be up and down within 5lbs on any day, then when it goes below that number, I log it and the process starts again. I am really cose to goal though, 9lbs to go, so it is normally about 2 weeks before I register a new low.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just out of curiosity. On Mondays I always weigh heavier by between 1-3 pounds and I think this is mainly because I am not as active on the weekends and retain more fluid. Other than that mostly I weigh roughly the same with perhaps a pound fluctuation. The key to successfully weighing each day is not to be obsessed by what the scale says .. if you weigh a little more then just shrug it off and carry on with your healthy eating plan ... I have seen some people devastated because 'I have put on 3lbs since yesterday' - so let's be realistic here - to do that you would have had to eat approx 10 thousand extra calories :noway: and logic would tell us that there is some other reason for it such as fluid retention.
    exactly what i do.

On MFP i log only the losses, whenever they occur. it makes me happy to see the numbers!
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    I do! Every day first thing in the morning and after the first movement and before breakfast. This way it's quite accurate, and my weight doesn't fluctuate a great deal. There's a crafty little iphone app called true weight, free if I remember correctly. You can put in your daily measurement and it takes in to account a fluctuation factor and calculates your "true weight" eg the past week I weighed in at 53.3 - 53.7 kg in the morning, and spiked one day to 54.3 kg (doesn't worry me since I know why ;))... Considering all previous records.... My "true weight" for the past week was 53.8kg.

Occasionally I can't use my scale for a few days ... Doesn't bother me the slightest and has not affected my progress ;)
  • lickmycarrots
    Options
    I do - I don't tend to fluctuate at all, which is kind of annoying! I'm at a massive plateau and it never seems to budge regardless of what I do.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you have the right attitude, it's just extra data points and it gets you used to fluctuations (they are normal and no big deal). I don't understand why people only weigh rarely; they have no idea whether they just saw a fluctuation or not. I have varied as much as 6 pounds between days, even first thing after going to the bathroom.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, and fluctuate a kilo or so. Sunday I was lightest I've been, never went over cals and Monday I was over a lb up. Doesn't bother me though, I knew I was retaining fluid (my fingers get puffy and my rings are tight). Today I'm down again.
  • Majda1234_wechange
    Majda1234_wechange Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh several times a day, don't knw why but whenever I pass by a scale I weigh myself.It is kind of an obsession :/
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The first 4 weeks I weighed every day (and several times a day) to gauge daily and intra-day weight fluctuations which back then was +/- 5-7 lb (it took me 9 weeks to get my food intake and exercise where I wanted which might explain part of that number). Since then, I'd probably guess +/- 3-5 lb/day, but the only time I weigh myself every day is when I'm approaching a Bod Pod scan or if my activity level has changed. At present my weight seems to increase at the beginning of the week before going back down, which is different to the old pattern too.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I will weigh myself everyday until I will get down to 160. I can fluctuate between 2-3 pounds based on workouts, liquids, and meals.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday that i remember... usualy works out to be 4 times a week. If i dont do that i just forget to weigh all together!!
    Only log on MPF when its a new low though.

I tend to fluctuate about half a pound ish each day.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Always have weighed every day, it's just part of my routine whether I'm losing, gaining or maintaining.

I can fluctuate 5lbs from day to day - my swings are more extreme as I follow the 5:2 fasting routine.

It's just one piece of data and if people freak out over perfectly normal fluctuations then I would say you need to stop attaching so much importance to "weight" on its own.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do i find it helps me with accountability. I have been on my weight loss since august 2006 so i understand my fluctuations....I dont think there is anything wrong with it as long as you understand there will be fluctuations. I can fluctuate up to 4-5 pounds depending whats going on with my body (ie my cycle)
  • janette_red
    janette_red Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scales. I used to use them when I was younger, but they just made me feel bad when I was a pound heavier.
    I use my clothing to tell me how much I have gained or lost. I only weigh myself when I go to see the Dr every 3-6months.
    It makes a big difference if you are around your "facts of life" or if your digestive system isn't working 100%.
    I also learned over the years that you have to be wanting to lose the weight for yourself and yourself only. Then you will keep most of it off.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I did for the first 3 months of using MFP, then I stopped for a bit (malfunctioning scale), and now I'm back to weighing daily again.

I have seen weight fluctuate up to 6lbs from day to day and I've seen how sometimes it takes my body a week to get rid of water weight gains.

It really doesn't affect my mood any if the scale shows a few pound gain for a bit, as long as that gain doesn't last 2 weeks or more, I'm happy. (lasting more than 2 weeks is a sign that I potentially did gain a little fat, but any less than that doesn't bother me)

I recently got a new scale and although I have a love/hate relationship with scales (mostly from my previous malfunctioning one), I am actually surprised at the accuracy I'm getting from it. It's only got it to help track my weight/bf% until I can afford a fitbit aria, but if it keeps up the good job I might just keep it a bit longer than planned. The bf% fluctuates a bit with it, but my caliper measurement lands right in the middle of the numbers the scale gives (so far accurate enough to help me track). Can you tell I'm really loving the data I get from it?
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week, every Wednesday morning - after emptying bowels and before having breakfast. I am sure the weight fluctuates every other day, so I rather not be depressed by it. You know something positive is happening every week coz your clothes fit better, and that's good enough for me :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Not anymore, it became such an obsession and that leeds to stress which is never a good thing. I agree with weighing just once a week or even less. I trust my tape-measure more these days.