Recommendation needed

Options
Hi all,
Hope everybody is having a good weekend. I need a quick recommendation for a new pedometer. I have one from walmart, but am not happy with it. It doesn't seem to stay accurate no matter what I do. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton

Replies

• artamuso
    artamuso Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of this one: Omron HJ-720 Pocket Pedometer. It's not cheap, $42.50 from Amazon.com, but it's very accurate. The other selling point is it doesn't have to be upright and clipped to a belt. It can be dropped into a pocket and it maintains its accuracy.

Art
  • jill07
    jill07 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree- I have been using this model (omron) for several years- it even has a model that you can download your stats w/ a USB into your computer and will graph out your progress. I love it! I recommended it to someone else recently and looked on Amazon too, you can find one for about $35-40, a little pricey but if your looking for ease and accuracy I would go w/ this one. I have a Garmin GPS watch that I use when running and have compared the distance against this pedometer and is very accurate.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron Pocket Pedo too. Not sure if it's that same model but I love it. I can clip it to my bra strap, drop it in a pocket, clip it to my waistband, even tuck it inside my sports bra. It seems to be quite accurate. But only for STEADY movement. If you are just standing there stepping back and forth every few seconds (like working behind a retail counter for example) then it won't count every step.