Clubing

Options
So heres the deal ive been perfect on my diet including staying away from beer due to their high calorie count and other awful reasons... yet today is my cusins birthday and i must go out.... no to mention it think its time i test my self around beer.... any thoughts on what alcholic beverages i might be able to drink without fully messing up my diet????

Vodka Ricky : vodka club soda and a little lime??? maybe some tequila shots??? anyone have any sugestions

Replies

• hsquared87
    Options
    my fave is diet coke with lime and tequila. I know that sounds weird but it tastes so good!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i suggest go for some light beer. i was in the same situation you are but i opted for vodka and diet 7up. Got way too drunk and drank even more then i budgeted and then binged on pizza and nachos. If i would've just budgeted some light beer i feel i would've done better lol i dont know if ur from canada but canadian has a 67 calorie beer. im pretty sure MGD is American and they have one too. yeah beer is great lol
  • hamster123
    Options
    Coors light on draught is pretty good.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Calories in Draught Mild Pint 136

Calories in Gin & Slimline Tonic Single 56

Calories in Gin & Tonic Single 120

Calories in Red Wine 175ml Glass 119

Calories in Regular Bitter Pint 170

Calories in Regular Dry Cider Pint 204

Calories in Vodka & Coke Single 120

Calories in Vodka & Diet Coke Single 56

Calories in Vodka, Lime & Soda Single 76

Calories in Whisky & Lemonade Single 82

Calories in White Wine - Dry 175ml Glass 116

Calories in White Wine Spritzer (lemonade) Reg Spritzer (175ml wine) 138

Calories in White Wine Spritzer (soda) Reg Spritzer (175ml wine) 130

Looks like G&T or Vodka diet are your best choices.

Have fun!! :bigsmile:
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a Good cold BEER-treat yourself!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I like to drink beer when I go out (which isn't often) because I can drink it slowly. Calories in Michelob Ultra Amber (which has a great flavor and body) 95; cabohydrate 3.2g; protein less than 1 gram (taken right off a bottle).
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I like captain morgan and diet coke... Only 75 calories.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is saying mix with Diet Coke ... but I am going to say don't do the diet coke. Stay away from that stuff as much as you can. Also, before you go out set your drinking budget in your food diary. Go for a good light beer. There is another thread where someone lists a lot of drinks with their calories. Search Travel to find it.
  • Rivalee
    Options
    I love to have bloody marys - they are spicy and filling, low on calories, and you get a serving of veggie as a bonus :-) No matter what you drink (since lots of people hate tomato juice) follow one very important rule - one full glass of water between every drink - you end up spending less, drinking less, and stay hydrated so no or little hangover if you over do it.
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is saying mix with Diet Coke ... but I am going to say don't do the diet coke. Stay away from that stuff as much as you can. Also, before you go out set your drinking budget in your food diary. Go for a good light beer. There is another thread where someone lists a lot of drinks with their calories. Search Travel to find it.

I don't see where diet coke is a problem. I don't touch the stuff unless I am drinking. That is the only time I will even consider a diet drink. I drink water all the time and occasionally milk or sports drinks. I don't see how one night of drinking diet whatever will hurt. I think that just about anything can be good in moderation. Please correct me if I am wrong

Edit: +1 on the bloody mary's or as I call the spicy version bloody ceasar.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Do shots!! I went clubbing for the first time in July (and then went like 8 times in a month... but it was because I was in a summer camp! We have to sneak out for fun!) and my roommates and I mostly did shots.:drinker: Not because of less calories though, but you get the same effect for less calories :) Beer makes me sick so I don't drink it any more. Also, too many calories!

Dance a lot and burn some calories while you are at it! :tongue:

I am not sure if clubbing is different where you are than here (Taiwan, so yes, I was drinking legally), but the cover charge gets you drink tickets (usually for 2 drinks) so if you take shots you can save on calories and money because you don't have to buy more drinks:glasses: