Trying again!

Options
Hello, my name is Ashley and I'm trying to undo 5 years of a bad college lifestyle. Most of my college years, I was working full time, going to school full time, and had little time to eat well and exercise. Among those things, i picked up smoking, fairly frequent drinking, and some other bad habits I won't mention here. After meeting my now husband, I dropped many of these bad habits, but the weight I put on and the smoking remain. I hope to quite smoking within the next couple of years in order to prepare for a family, and losing weight will be part of that preparation. About 3 months ago I changed my diet and managed to lose a couple of pounds, but gained it quickly back after my final year of school started three weeks ago. So, I'm trying again and excited to be here!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Ashley
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you wish if u need extra support :-)
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    You can do!!! Don't give up
  • nijeka
    Options
    Welcome....I think it is great that you are trying to change your life. It sounds like you have made alot of progress already with giving up some of the other "things" you were doing, which I'm sure wasn't easy!! Quitting smoking is very hard...I just quit after smoking for...God, about 25 years!!! I actually gained about 50 pounds since I quit (Oct 2, 2009), so I am trying to lose that extra weight (and I wasn't in shape BEFORE quitting smoking, so.....). Anyways, this site is great and the people on here are all very friendly and helpful. I hope you reach all the goals you have set for yourself. If there is anything I can do to help/encourage you, let me know, and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

Sue
  • nijeka
    Options
    To RaeAnneFowler,
    What an adorable baby in your picture!!