Any guys shave their arms and body?

I'm just wondering because I do my arms already and I'm thinking of shaving my body next. But I'm afraid to have to maintain it weekly. Doesn't it become more of a hassle throughout time? Wont it grow back thicker? How do y'all tackle the process? What do u recommend?

Replies

• Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Bump.
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    I occasionaly shave my chest and regularly do my under arms. It's all about your personal preferance for your own body image. Also if you have a partner they might have a preferance that you can go with if you choose to.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    I wouldn't dream of it. First I love how it looks on me. And I like how it looks on other guys. But more importantly, my partner loves it. He loves to just run his fingers over my chest through my chest hair. You keep it trimmed and neat if need be, but I'm definitely in the "no" to shaving camp. But I know others disagree.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I am so glad I can't grow much hair.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    I do take the time to MANSCAPE certain areas

Not arms or legs
  • Leer78
    Leer78 Posts: 1
    I used to shave my chest, but once the hairs start growing back it is almost unbearable because it is so itchy. Then my wife used Nair on my chest, it works the best for thicker hair, when it grows back it isn't as thick and will not cause you to be so itchy with a shirt on. Just be careful not to get it on your nipples or under your arms, burns like crazy. I just shave my underarms, it is cooler in the warmer months and you won't sweat as much.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I'm not a guy, but from a girls point of view, I love the natural look on men. Actually the hairier the better! And body stubble is just not comfortable. It will itch as it grows back.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    I'm not a guy either, but why shave arm hair? chest hair and (other areas) fine, but arms?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I've had to shave my chest twice (broken ribs / strapping / strapping removal / pain!!) and it's horrible - so damn itchy when it grows back.

I like my man-rug and so does my wife, keep it non-straggly with a beard trimmer though.

BTW - for fellow old farts, when your man-rug starts to go grey do you think you look like a teddy bear with the stuffing coming out? Not a style I'm looking forward too.....
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    I am so glad I can't grow much hair.

You're one of the luck few ones. I was told to shave my arms to show more muscle definition and it did work but I'm still contemplating on my chest.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    I've had to shave my chest twice (broken ribs / strapping / strapping removal / pain!!) and it's horrible - so damn itchy when it grows back.

I like my man-rug and so does my wife, keep it non-straggly with a beard trimmer though.

BTW - for fellow old farts, when your man-rug starts to go grey do you think you look like a teddy bear with the stuffing coming out? Not a style I'm looking forward too.....

Miss Clairol! I'm just sayin...put off the inevitable as long as possible
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Jesus Christ, shaving your arms? Dunno if its just me but that's as bad as shaving your legs. Sure, trim downstairs to keep it nice and neat for your girl, but come on, your a man, your supposed to have body hair.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    I've done legs a few times for bike races.... But...that's it.

Oh.

Face and head.

Arms?

Really?
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    No we are men. We grow hair.
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Everything you need to know is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk3K6YPOLHQ
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    <--- Don't need to, naturally no chest or back hair
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Only on tranny karaoke night and even then only if I plan to sing a special song.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    I mean.. exactly how hairy are you? like wolf status?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    My ex did heavy lifting for a period of time and when his muscle definition was at his ideal place, he did shave his chest and arms because the definition showed better.

Frankly, the first time he did it, it was without warning and it scared the cr*p outta me. Looked like a plucked chicken. But over time I got used to it. It did not grow back thicker, but the stuble was a pain and maintenance was as well.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    No we are men. We grow hair.

^This! I manscape to keep everything neat and tidy but that's as far as it goes.