Just starting - looking to lose weight and gain friends

Options
Hi everyone - I'm Natasha from Queensland, AUS. I'm in fast need of some friends to help me lose the 10kgs I've put on in the last 18 months. I've been doing mfp for a month now - really liking it and finding it reasonably easy to stick to my calorie goal. I guessed what my weight was when I first started because I wasn't game to get on the scales. But I've been feeling a bit better since I noticed my pants are slightly looser they've been for a while (unless it's all in my head) and I really want to do this properly.

So I got on the scales this morning for the first time in a year and I'm now officially in shock - I didn't realise I gained that much. I have been doing heaps of exercise in the last year so I'm hoping some of it's muscle but I know a lot of it is because I've just been eating way too much for a while now. I've been so happy about other parts of my life (work, friends, family) that I'd just been ignoring the fact that less and less of my clothes fit.

Anyway, needless to say it's a bit depressing :( but I'm determined to lose it, and I think if I see signs of this working I won't have problems sticking to it. But I'd love to meet other people just starting and others who have experience and advice.

Anyone have ideas about. how much exercise to do? I'd like to cut down on doing heaps of really intensive exercise (I was doing about 5 gym aerobics classes a week) and mainly stick to walking for 30-60mins a day as my exercise.

Replies

• ljm0104
    Options
    I would say judge it by how you feel. If you are always tired and you are dreading those classes then just do the walking. Walking is great exercise and people under estimate it. If you feel like you are doing to much then take it down a notch. Good luck and Congrats and taking the first step.
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support. And don't worry about the number on the scale - have you taken your measurements? I go by those more than the scale because it reassures me that when the scale says I haven't lost (or worse gained!) but my measurements still go down I know I'm still on the right track. Best of luck - you CAN do it!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Natasha, this site is amazing for support.
    Feel free to add me also :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Natasha,
    Welcome to the site!

Great to have you :)
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • natashaaevans
    natashaaevans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support - wow, didn't realise I would get a response so quickly! I'm going to attempt to add you to my friends list. Hopefully it works!:smile:
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey Natasha :)

Welcome, i'm also from AUS but im a sydney girl. Good luck with losing 10 kilos and feel free to add me as a friend
    xx