anyone on celexa?

Options
i have severe anxiety disorder it's really bad that I need to be back on celexa and I use to take it but gained alot of weight cause I was always hungry now im back on it. and i didn't try another antidepressant cause some of them make you speed and that's not what i want when i already have bad anxiety. does anyone eles take it ? and if so how do you lose weight on it when you are always hungry?

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I was on it about a year and a half ago and took myself off of it. I wasn't on it long enough to notice any weight gain - my experience was that it affected me like speed.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What mg are you on? I was on 20 at first now i am at the max 40. Also, are you on the actual celexa or the generic citalopram? Like I have said before it really made me decrease my appetite and lost 40 pounds like nothing on it. But the lack of appetite only lasted for about a year. I am still on it and seemed to equal everything out. Are you sure that is what is leading to your increased appetite?

How long have you been back on it? Also, I have heard people getting on anti depressants that they were previously been on and it acts different each time.
  • fightingthebulge
    fightingthebulge Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i am on 20 mg and i have heard the same thing. im also on the generic one
  • bremcdonnell
    Options
    I used to take Celexa but am now on something different. I have also had the same issues with weight gain being on antianxieties/antidepressants. I would just talk with your doctor about it. There are drugs that are within the same classification as Celexa but don't have the side effects of weight gain/increased appetite, therefore it might be good for you to take a similar med so the effects will be comparable but there maybe less side effects.