P90X vs. Insanity

Options
I want to know which one to start with. Has anyone done both? Is one easier than the other? Which one requires less equipment?

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Insanity requires no equipment. I have only done Insanity, im curious about p90x, Insanity will give you results its HIIT so be prepared to sweat.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Insanity requires no equipment. I have only done Insanity, im curious about p90x, Insanity will give you results its HIIT so be prepared to sweat.

Thank you! Good to know!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Insanity is balls to the wall, and requires no equipment.
    P90X is slow and methodical, but requires at least a set of resistance bands.

Comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both intense workouts, but for different reasons.
    With P90X, you'll be immensely sore and with Insanity, you'll be beat up and breathless.
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Insanity is balls to the wall, and requires no equipment.
    P90X is slow and methodical, but requires at least a set of resistance bands.

Comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both intense workouts, but for different reasons.
    With P90X, you'll be immensely sore and with Insanity, you'll be beat up and breathless.

Perfect quote! Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • ksilverstar
    ksilverstar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done both, P90X is more for loosing weight but also for bulking, requires dumbbells, pullup bar, possibly a bench or a stability ball. Insanity requires nothing, its alot of plyo work, meaning moving around, jumping, and sweating, mostly cardio, its meant to get you thinner/leaner. Hope this helps! Kenia
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to know you guys. Thank you so much!!! :happy: