Hi Everyone!

Options
I just started this yesterday and I am a little nervous. A few years ago I was a pretty steady size 10. I was that size for years. I went on the South Beach Diet and went to a size 6. About a year into my SBD journey I met my current boyfriend, Josh. I gained almost 70 lbs in the year I have been with him. I am now a size 14. I would love to be a size 8 or 10 again, I just am not the motivated kind of person. I do not like how I look now at all but it is so hard to lose weight! Especially when I am cooking for Josh and his 2 kids who can eat anything (and do) and don't gain an once. It is sooo frustrating!!! Feel free to add me if you want a friend who is going through the same journey you are!

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family.

Feel free to add me.

Good luck on your journey. If you commit and believe it will happen :)
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I understand how frustrating it can be. I tend to gain weight when I'm in relationships since I'm happy and most every time we hang out we eat something. I am also 6 months into a new relationship and I'm trying to prevent myself from gaining the extra pounds and lose them instead. You are welcome to add me for support!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll get back there!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am currently on SBD too, but have a bit more weight to lose. You are welcome to add me if you like.
  • whippettt
    whippettt Posts: 7
    Options
    It is hard to be fat and its hard to be fit.. Choose your hard.
    Think how great you will feel to be fit and healthy, no better feeling.
  • JRMurtha
    JRMurtha Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
    Im fairly new here too and in the same boat. I gained all sorts of weight after getting married:(
    The downside to being in a happy relationship I guess. We eat alot, I gain weight, he loses weight. Its a terrible world.
  • Carin201
    Carin201 Posts: 4
    Options
    Been there and done that too! Turning that life into an active lifestyle shouldn't be as difficult as it is...I sooooo get it.