1 year maintaining!

Options
99cherrypie99
99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
Hi All!

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary date of 2 things: Reaching a total weight loss of 225 pounds and meeting my goal weight!

I weighed in that morning at 119.7. Yesterday I weighed in at 117.2. So I think that makes me someone who has defied the odds and kept the weight off for a year. I know the journey doesn't stop ever, but I'm pretty happy today!

Full report on my blog http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/2013/07/an-auspicious-occasion.html

Jen

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! It is inspiring to hear about people maintaining.
  • Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    High five - that's awesome!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment. I'm working on that phase right now and am determined not to "blow up" again. I've said it before but went back to old habits...took me long enough to figure it out! I'm looking forward to being able to also say "1 year maintaining!".
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    That is amazing!! Such a huge accomplishment.
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    Congrats. I think maintaining will be harder than losing.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how hard you've worked on this and it's pretty amazing to see your progress :)
  • LRunda
    LRunda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats on your ongoing success!
  • luckylilma818
    luckylilma818 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hope to keep it off like you.. I still haven't reached my goal but I'm close.. thanks for sharing.
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I love your blog. Congrats on such a huge accomplishment (from a fellow New Yorker :wink: )
  • markawebber
    Options
    Congrats on the will power to maintain this! always great to hear of this! cheers.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how much are you eating to maintain?
  • mgeralt
    mgeralt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary date of 2 things: Reaching a total weight loss of 225 pounds and meeting my goal weight!

I weighed in that morning at 119.7. Yesterday I weighed in at 117.2. So I think that makes me someone who has defied the odds and kept the weight off for a year. I know the journey doesn't stop ever, but I'm pretty happy today!

Full report on my blog http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/2013/07/an-auspicious-occasion.html

Jen

Congratulations!! It's so nice to hear about someone maintaining their weight loss after working so hard to get it off. Especially when the odds are stacked against us.. Great job!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had to go check out your blog :smile:
    I hit my goal weight in November, so I've been maintaining successfully for....almost 9 months! :happy:
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's nice to read about the maintenance success. Gives those of us who've yo-yo'd in the past hope that maintaining CAN be done. Looking forward to reading your blog to get tips!
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring..congratulations on your continued success. Happy Anniversary!:drinker:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Amazing - congratulations!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your blog is informative; thanks! Regarding the post about your visit to a dietician last October, did you follow her advice of eating 1,700 to 2,200 calories a day for maintenance?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!