Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    general circuit training.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You have to get a HRM. Its the only HONEST way. Its worth the investment, Check out the Polar FT4 its a GREAT beginner.... and for the best price that I have seen, look at this website:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4f-purple-h1.html
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Buy an HRM. They are reasonably priced.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else here. Getting an HRM like the Polar FT4 is the only accurate way to know. It will take the guess work out and make things a whole lot easier.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I haven't invested the money because I am estimating calories in so why not out? So far it has worked. I just don't know how to estimate the crossfit. I may try using the general circuit training feature like trogalicious suggested for now.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I haven't invested the money because I am estimating calories in so why not out? So far it has worked. I just don't know how to estimate the crossfit. I may try using the general circuit training feature like trogalicious suggested for now.

Are you estimating an apple for an apple (with calories in) ? Becasue General Circut training is not Crossfit.... I saw a significant change when I started ACTULLY seeing how many claoires I burned..... its a wake up call
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Or you could just calculate TDEE-x% and not have to worry about how many calories it is. After a few weeks you'll be able to tell if you're eating the appropriate amount.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I have been scared to start using my TDEE because I am 1) afraid my calculation is wrong and 2) don't think I could handle a weight gain until my body adjusts.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Ask your training, he'll definitely know.. If he doesn't, then that's just sad
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Circuit training general
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    I do circuit training with a heart rate monitor as does a woman in my class. i generally am 200-300 calories burned more then her. Last night for 1 hour was 603. before my montitor i halfed the number mfp gave me
  • LadyEm06
    LadyEm06 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This morning I was 740 for 60 minutes. I let the timer run a few mins after the workout was over (I forgot to stop it), but my heart was still pounding.

HRM is the best!
  • TdaniT
    Options
    My trainer said that using circuit training general is good. I told her that for 30 mins MFP told me I burned 284 calories. She said that sounded low. So what do you think about me underestimating my calories out and overestimating calories in a bit?

Have you had issues with your HRM not giving an accurate count? I read that they aren't really accurate either.

I read to much....smh. :ohwell:
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM a few times to CrossFit and found that on average I'm burning 350 cals/hr so now I just log that each time I go and don't worry about wearing the strap. 350 might sound low, but remember that only about 20 minutes of it is heart pounding exercise. Works for me. Honestly though I'm getting away from eating for calories, I'm concentrating much more on eating reasonably for my hunger cues, exercise level and keeping it CLEAN!