Size 12 to Size 0 (with ridiculous photos)

Options

Replies

• UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look fantastic (no matter what some people may say). I really needed the motivation this morning--thanks!!!!
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What the heck are you pulling out of whatever that is in the photo? Looks like fun! Great job!

It's a coconut. It has this hairy nonsense all over it that takes forever to get off. I was really hungry, what?

Buy seriously, don't try that at home. It sucked'
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    you looked absolutely gorgeous before AND after, totally jealous cause not a lot of people can pull something like that off! Fantastic job though, congratulations :D
  • markawebber
    Options
    Some great inspiration on this site, i'm liking these before and after pics, really demonstrates what being mindful about eating can do. Cheers for posting the pics.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • RingTailedFox
    Options
    The first bit took about 5 months. A lot of that was relearning my diet. 130-115 was about 3-4 months. 115-108 was about 3 months. I've put on a bit of it back after almost 3 years. I'm around 117-119 depending on the day now. I'd like to get back down to 110-115.

I'm seriously shrimp size. The healthy weight range for 5'3" is 105-140 (based on BMI). So, yeah, when I ended up in the hospital for a kidney infection and was told I was pre-diabetic, I knew I had to do something.

Now, 150 isn't what I would consider fat, but I was over my healthy weight. I think I even got up to 160, but I wouldn't let anyone take my photo.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I think a size 12 is anything but fat. It's healthy. A size 0 is not. Congrats on the weight loss, but I really don't think you needed to lose that much. You look a bit anorexic now.

This was uncalled for. Do you know her exact body composition? No, you don't. One's dress size is not a sign of health. I'm currently a size 4, but I'm still in the overweight category of my BMI. I was once a size 12, but I was also obese. That's hardly "healthy." Calling the OP anorexic is out of line.
  • RingTailedFox
    Options
    I think a size 12 is anything but fat. It's healthy. A size 0 is not. Congrats on the weight loss, but I really don't think you needed to lose that much. You look a bit anorexic now.

Thanks for your support! I hope you have a happy, healthy day! :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You look lovely ~ though honestly I can't tell where the 'fat' pics end and the 'after' begin? Well I figure the last one with the tiny waist is an after ;)

Everyone's weight loss is their own journey but honestly...I would love to be a size 12 lol....Great job losing the weight and getting to where you want to be :) Just looking at your picture's you've always been beautiful but now your confidence shines through. Congrats!

I would love to be a size 12 as well! I was thinking the same. Her starting weight is lower than my goal weight, and I'm hoping for a size 16 on account of my wide hips!

You look awesome, OP! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss...if I may add a note of caution though...please be careful when calling 150 "fat" - a lot of people on here would KILL to get down to that weight. ;-) Just sayin'

Really?? Is this what we've now come to on this website? She was talking about 150 pounds ON HER. Not on someone else. This is HER SUCCESS STORY.

OP, you look fantastic! It is stories like yours that inspire me to keep going!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You look a bit anorexic now.

:noway:

Wow. Are you medically qualified to make that assumption?

No need. This girl has worked extremely hard to get to where she is right now and is obviously a LOT happier and more confident with herself, due to her posting her success story.

Enough with the body bashing.

I think you look great OP, well done. :flowerforyou:
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on meeting your goals! I'm sure that took a lot of hard work! And for the record, I think you look pretty even in your "fat" photos! :)
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    you loo great! what kind of exercise did you do?
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It's motivational for me because I'm a size 12 currently trying to get back to a 6, which I was my entire adult life up until two years ago. Though I'm making progress, I have days when I think that it will never happen.

And fat is relative. To go from a 6 to a 12, I gained 35 pounds and now have a 33 inch waist (up from 26) and 41 inch hips (up from 35). I understand that 12 is a goal size for others, but it's unhealthy and fat on *me*. The belly fat in particular is scary because diabetes and heart disease runs in my family.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Please, a size 12 one a person her (and my) size, is anything but healthy.
    There isn't a chart or an honest doctor in the world that will show 150 on a person of 5'3" as a healthy weight.

You look great OP!
  • RingTailedFox
    Options

I went to a boot camp fitness class 3x a week for the first 5 months. I combined that with changing my eating habits and the weight did come off. I also walked 3 miles to work every day.

Now, my maintaining routine is weights 3-4x a week with 2 HIIT cardio days. I go for a 1-2 mile walk every evening depending on how hot it is (I live in Texas).
  • RingTailedFox
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It's motivational for me because I'm a size 12 currently trying to get back to a 6, which I was my entire adult life up until two years ago. Though I'm making progress, I have days when I think that it will never happen.

And fat is relative. To go from a 6 to a 12, I gained 35 pounds and now have a 33 inch waist (up from 26) and 41 inch hips (up from 35). I understand that 12 is a goal size for others, but it's unhealthy and fat on *me*. The belly fat in particular is scary because diabetes and heart disease runs in my family.

I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Scary. I was having a lot of health problems.

Its funny how everyone is different with sizes. But, you will get there. Its hard, but it is so worth it!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I went to a boot camp fitness class 3x a week for the first 5 months. I combined that with changing my eating habits and the weight did come off. I also walked 3 miles to work every day.

Now, my maintaining routine is weights 3-4x a week with 2 HIIT cardio days. I go for a 1-2 mile walk every evening depending on how hot it is (I live in Texas).

I took a Cardio Boot Camp class in college, it was so fun, and SO difficult. I definitely want to get back into it. I think I need to join some kind of class to stay motivated. Thank you for sharing!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wowwww amazing success!!! :D:D:D Congrats!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    omg you're waif thin. But you look fantastic :) and you seem to be one of those lucky beyotches who got to be pretty along the way too :p

Great job and congrats on getting there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!